Author Topic: Holy forget, Humanity  (Read 9274 times)

For all the people wanting a more realistic representation you can download Celestia and check it out. It uses a generic model for most of the satellites, except stuff like the ISS and the voyager satellites, etc.

For all the people wanting a more realistic representation you can download Celestia and check it out. It uses a generic model for most of the satellites, except stuff like the ISS and the voyager satellites, etc.
I aint downloadin' SHEET.

I think it's safe to say that if a Comet came barreling through that stuff, there would be no research for a very long time.

I think it's safe to say that if a Comet came barreling through that stuff, there would be no research for a very long time.
But what about the transatlantic cable?

I knew it.

Damn Russia is spying on us again.

But what about the transatlantic cable?
I didn't even know that existed.

A chip of paint from a spacecraft could kill an astronaut.

saturation!!!

I knew it.

Damn Russia is spying on us again.
Sneaky loving Russians

You're a dumbass. Those satellites are no bigger than a room and probably aren't even visible even if you're in orbit. I guess by your logic, the whole surface of the earth looks like a house because there's so many houses in the world?

You're a dumbass. Those satellites are no bigger than a room and probably aren't even visible even if you're in orbit. I guess by your logic, the whole surface of the earth looks like a house because there's so many houses in the world?
I see you read the thread, son!

how do you send out a space shuttle without hitting one of those

Checking before sending ;-;

Just because we need TV And Internet -.-

The number of pieces of debris with one centimeter diameter or more increased by many degrees when china shot down a satellite to make it's e-snake bigger. A one-centimeter object travelling at orbit speed will strike another object in space like "exploding a hand grenade right next to it". (You've gotta love NewScientist.)

But really, those satellites are small and the owners are constantly on the lookout to prevent their investment being destroyed, currently on average, satellite owners are getting like 1-3 calls a week about debris warnings, whereas a few decades back the figure was more about one every few months.

we should put cities on the sun

energy would be easy