Author Topic: The end of Age of Time?  (Read 5778 times)

Just remake AoT in Blockland. Problem solved. It's just a matter of putting some bricks together and writing a bit of code. AoT is probably less complicated (when you filter out stuff like item materials, player customization, etc. I suppose) than most RPG mods already made for Blockland.

What's funny is, I was doing that.

Badspot will kick your ass if you port stuff from Age Of Time to Blockland.

You're the only person who said anything about porting anything. Why would you do that?

Badspot will kick your ass if you port stuff from Age Of Time to Blockland.
Just remake AoT in Blockland. Problem solved. It's just a matter of putting some bricks together and writing a bit of code. AoT is probably less complicated (when you filter out stuff like item materials, player customization, etc. I suppose) than most RPG mods already made for Blockland.

Now we're going into the Age of Teleportation

I've already said this before. To get a perfectly smooth and functional hook you'd need to modify the engine code. Scripting a hook sucks. Age of time isn't complete without it either.

Sure it is, the hook isn't really that special. There's one challenge that even needed it, all anyone ever used it for was to flip around upside down and climb to the top of buildings. In your own AoT you could add in something cooler like dragons or levitating spells or something. Replace climbing stuff with physics and event based jumping puzzles.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 01:57:16 PM by Wedge »

Sure it is, the hook isn't really that special. There's one challenge that even needed it, all anyone ever used it for was to flip around upside down and climb to the top of buildings. In your own AoT you could add in something cooler like dragons or levitating spells or something. Replace climbing stuff with physics and event based jumping puzzles.
Nah, the hook is a pretty important element in Age of Time. Sure, you could take it out and try to make up for the loss with fancy new content, or make jump challenges, but it wouldn't be the same without the hook running and the acrobatics over Port Town.

Come on, even you must admit Age of Time - Hook = Fail?

The hook is what makes AoT great. Without it, we would be whipping the horses with kinky whips or walking. It's like a car in AoT except it's a hook.

Nah, the hook is a pretty important element in Age of Time.
Use the"Grapple Rope" its basicly the same thing, but without a cool model.

Use the"Grapple Rope" its basicly the same thing, but without a cool model.

It's laggy and stuff. If you want it smooth like aot it's gonna need source mod.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=131014.0

^^ Badspot agrees.

This is only the beginning of the end of Age of Time