Author Topic: Sign it, bitch!  (Read 5038 times)

Sure, this is a great forum if you compare it to those, but that still doesn't mean anything. I can't see what's so hard about just scrolling past the lame posts, though.

Here's a list of things to avoid:
1. One word posts. They usually contain things like 'lol' or 'kthxbi' or variations
2. Posts consisting of just a quote. They normally don't add anything that hasn't been said before
3. The Off-topic forum. 'Nuff said.
4. Petitions. The available alternatives will just make you angry
5. Obvious flamebait (most posts by me)
6. Stupid lists (lists of things to avoid, for example)
7. Meta-jokes
8. Any topic that isn't posted by badspot or the beta team
9. Lists that repeat themselves for comedy value
10. Meta-jokes

Learn to quickly distinguish these and you'll have a more pleasant social experience on the blockland forums.

That would be a good idea. If only life had an ignore button.
It does, it's called a hammer and a dark allay

Sure, this is a great forum if you compare it to those, but that still doesn't mean anything. I can't see what's so hard about just scrolling past the lame posts, though.

Here's a list of things to avoid:
1. One word posts. They usually contain things like 'lol' or 'kthxbi' or variations
2. Posts consisting of just a quote. They normally don't add anything that hasn't been said before
3. The Off-topic forum. 'Nuff said.
4. Petitions. The available alternatives will just make you angry
5. Obvious flamebait (most posts by me)
6. Stupid lists (lists of things to avoid, for example)
7. Meta-jokes
8. Any topic that isn't posted by badspot or the beta team
9. Lists that repeat themselves for comedy value
10. Meta-jokes

Learn to quickly distinguish these and you'll have a more pleasant social experience on the blockland forums.

Yeah, I know how to look past posts. But, when it's the same people posting crap all the time, I just want to make it easier for myself and just use my ignore button on them. Then I can feel better about the forum in general too. It won't be such a hell-hole to me then.

Well, I looked at the source code hoping each post was contained in some appropriately named div element (in which case a quick/dirty greasemonkey script wouldn't be too hard), but they're just unmarked tables, which makes it a bit more tricky.

Sometimes I just look at the name of who posted, then decide on whether or not to post.

The ignore feature in RTB is there so you can mute annoying people from the chat whom the admin won't kick.

Like those guys that say "OFMGUR ANNOOB" and just repeat themselves instead of ignoring.

You just proved my point. I don't get why people contradict themselves on these forums to make themselves win an argument.
WTF are you talking about? I'm damn sure I haven't contradicted myself. I said I want an ignore button on the forums. Then I said that RTB has an ignore button. I have always supported ignore buttons in any capacity. That way people don't have to put forth any extra time or effort to get to the posts/chats the WANT to read. Are you bipolar or something Kaphix? I haven't been able to make sense out of any of your posts in this topic.

* mocheeze wishes he had that ignore button RIGHT NOW!

EDIT:
I cannot believe you think that because about 5% of the forum population is idiotic that these forums are a craphole. Go look at facepunch, or WoW forums, or IGN.Compared to them we're the most sophisticated community in the internet.
Are you defending spammers because you're afraid you'll be one of the most ignored users on the forum if we get an ignore button?

We're talking about 2 different things. Just forget it.

Sometimes I just look at the name of who posted, then decide on whether or not to post.

You don't have to read them. You can look at who posted and ignore.
Why repeat me.

I only read 30% of what you say. Which includes:

:d :D :D :D
OMFG
Marco
cigarette
gay
omg
lol
lololololol
stfu!
no wai