Author Topic: Sign it, bitch!  (Read 5048 times)

...what......isn't ignore......bad?....against rules......I thought......
Ignoring someone isn't anywhere near rule-breaking. It doesn't stop people from talking, it just stops you from having to read what they say. Everyone else can see what they say, assuming they also haven't ignored the bastard.

The ignore feature in RTB is there so you can mute annoying people from the chat whom the admin won't kick.

Like those guys that say "OFMGUR ANNOOB" and just repeat themselves instead of ignoring.

You just proved my point. I don't get why people contradict themselves on these forums to make themselves win an argument.

Mod Guidlines:

All mods posted on these forums must comply with these guidlines:

1. Self-Contained -  A mod must run from its own folder within the blockland directory and be comepletely seperate from the fps/ folder. A mod cannot overwrite any of the default blockland files.

2. Open Source - You cannot release a mod that contains ANY compiled scripts (*.dso files).  This is necessary for security and provides the greatest benefit to the community.

3. FREE FROM INTENTIONAL EXPLOITS - Do not put any secret back doors or overrides in your mod that would allow you or anyone else to gain special power on a server where you other wise should have none.  

4. Free from Excessive "Punishment" -  A mod cannot contain any excessive administrative punishment functions such as muting, blinding, or immobilizing.  Power corrupts, and there is no need to give admins even more power.  I cannot stop you from doing this on your own server, but don't post it on the forum.

5. Safe for Clients - The client side scripts should not open up functions to the server that could result in destruction or unwanted operation.  For instance, you cannot create a commandToClient that will cause a the client to change their avatar $prefs or change their keyboard configuration.  

6. Available in .zip and .exe - If I were to copy your mod zip into my blockland directory, right click on it and select "Extract Here" (using winZIP or winRAR) that should be enough to install it.  The .exe may be a simple self extracting archive or an eloborate installer - you decide.

You may not post a link to any mod that violates these guidlines.

Violation of these guidlines will not be tolerated.  Repeated or blatent violations will result in a permanent BAN from the forum.
This means that if your mod contains code from more than one person, you will have to carefully review all the code before releasing it.  

If you have any questions, please ask in this thread.

Clarification of rule #1:
   Rule #1 applies to completed mods posted in the mods forum.  If you have a piece of code that just changes a few things or adds a weapon or something, post it in the Mod Snippets forum.  Rules 2 through 5 still apply to Mod Snippets.

The exceptions to this rule are client side mods.  They are, by definition, not self-contained.

Clarification of rule #2:
   Your motivation for creating a mod should be to create something fun that people will enjoy playing.  People who download your mod are free to use it in any way they want to.  This includes taking pieces of it and using it in their own mod.  Just like Legos, there are no rules as to how people can combine mods.  When make a mod, you're making a toy that people can play with in any way they like- that's what makes it so much fun.

If you're concerned about getting proper credit, don't be.  If you're the first one to post it on the forum, we'll all know that you're the one who created it.  Forum regulars will remember you.

Says muting, but it's still partial muting if you ignore

This is coming from someone who wants people to read random quotes in-game from a stupid/pointless website, with many flaws in the code.

4. Free from Excessive "Punishment" -  A mod cannot contain any excessive administrative punishment functions such as muting, blinding, or immobilizing.  Power corrupts, and there is no need to give admins even more power.  I cannot stop you from doing this on your own server, but don't post it on the forum.

Violation of these guidlines will not be tolerated.  Repeated or blatent violations will result in a permanent BAN from the forum.
This means that if your mod contains code from more than one person, you will have to carefully review all the code before releasing it. 

Says muting, but it's still partial muting if you ignore

It isn't administrative function. It is completely voluntary, client side, and you can do it to anyone, even a server administrator or staff member. Furthermore, it isn't punishment, since the user being ignored can still play the game normally.

translation: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT MASTERCE ever!

I want to just see posts from people I know can post intelligently.
You'd have to leave this forum.

Sadly: by joining the forum, you agreed, if not in print, to put up with the stupidity, and clueless behavior of peers and underlings alike.

Back when I joined I was only using BL for a month and didn't really check about noobishness:'(

I cannot believe you think that because about 5% of the forum population is idiotic that these forums are a craphole. Go look at facepunch, or WoW forums, or IGN.Compared to them we're the most sophisticated community in the internet.

The ignore feature in RTB is there so you can mute annoying people from the chat whom the admin won't kick.

Like those guys that say "OFMGUR ANNOOB" and just repeat themselves instead of ignoring.

You just proved my point. I don't get why people contradict themselves on these forums to make themselves win an argument.
WTF are you talking about? I'm damn sure I haven't contradicted myself. I said I want an ignore button on the forums. Then I said that RTB has an ignore button. I have always supported ignore buttons in any capacity. That way people don't have to put forth any extra time or effort to get to the posts/chats the WANT to read. Are you bipolar or something Kaphix? I haven't been able to make sense out of any of your posts in this topic.

* mocheeze wishes he had that ignore button RIGHT NOW!

EDIT:
I cannot believe you think that because about 5% of the forum population is idiotic that these forums are a craphole. Go look at facepunch, or WoW forums, or IGN.Compared to them we're the most sophisticated community in the internet.
Are you defending spammers because you're afraid you'll be one of the most ignored users on the forum if we get an ignore button?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 03:05:49 PM by mocheeze »

He is bipolar... Haven't you ever been to his server, oh wait, no he hates you : (

He is bipolar... Haven't you ever been to his server, oh wait, no he hates you : (
I'd put his servers on my ignore list if it were possible. :P

That would be a good idea. If only life had an ignore button.