Good idea? Bad? Rate!

Good.
5 (71.4%)
Bad.
2 (28.6%)
I don't know.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Flat windows  (Read 2154 times)

Windows that lay flat.

Simple enough.

AI think the grate would do fine.. Just do a clear brick on the floor.. Add some flat brickss around ita nd color those..

You got youself a nice flat window :D

AI think the grate would do fine.. Just do a clear brick on the floor.. Add some flat brickss around ita nd color those..

Hurp Durp.

You mean the GRILL brick?

I was kinda hoping more of a real BL window. Not a grill.

You mean like a sky light window? I agree, that would be useful, but what exactly do you want as far as measurements? I wouldn't be able to make it myself, but that could help whoever would make it know what people were looking for.

You mean like a sky light window? I agree, that would be useful, but what exactly do you want as far as measurements? I wouldn't be able to make it myself, but that could help whoever would make it know what people were looking for.

Lemme photoshop a photo as an example.

EDIT: Almost done...... EDIT2: That didn't work...

Nvm.

Anyway what I want is just a normal window, But lays flat, and you can put bricks on the glass to hold it up.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:35:23 PM by Psp The Blocklander »

I see. A flat window that you can build on. Well, at the moment there's always the option of taking print plates, which you can build on, and building some bricks to hold it up, then building a ceiling print plate on top of those bricks, and then a normal print plate on top of that, to avoid any brick-textures showing up. (Or if you only need it to look good from one side, you can just use one print plate.) With that method, you should be able to build "flat" windows of any size.

I see. A flat window that you can build on. Well, at the moment there's always the option of taking print plates, which you can build on, and building some bricks to hold it up, then building a ceiling print plate on top of those bricks, and then a normal print plate on top of that, to avoid any brick-textures showing up. (Or if you only need it to look good from one side, you can just use one print plate.) With that method, you should be able to build "flat" windows of any size.

True, But I wanted the like...Real windows, but flat. Not a sub.

A modeler is taking a look into it right now.

basicaly 4*4*3, 6*6*3, and 8*8*3 dimensions, with a 2d glass panel and then the lip that is currently on default windows, extending downward?

Clear plates work fine.

Clear plates work fine.
Yeah, I really don't see why you need a completely useless brick, for something easy to make.

Maybe you're just a spoiled brat?
Nah.
You just seem to be unusually lazy.

Yeah, I really don't see why you need a completely useless brick, for something easy to make.

Nah.
This forum is for making suggestions and requests. The entire forum revolves around people who are too lazy to use alternatives, or maybe just have something particular in mind. :| And I think this person has something particular in mind, something that wouldn't be the same if he just went with the normal method.

basicaly 4*4*3, 6*6*3, and 8*8*3 dimensions, with a 2d glass panel and then the lip that is currently on default windows, extending downward?

Yeah. Something like that.

Nah.
There's hundreds of window bricks...one more can't hurt...can it?

There's hundreds of window bricks...one more can't hurt...can it?

Hmhm

That's one way but, some people don't want the outline brick thingy showing