Author Topic: Earthquake Mod  (Read 1964 times)

I was talking about this on a server in September. Heres my ideas for an earthquake mod.

- All buildings participating in the game are placed on earthquake mod baseplates
- At a random time in a mini, an earthquake occurs of a random magnitude and depth, i.e, 5.4 magnitude earthquake hits at 70km deep (you probably wouldn't feel it IRL, so in the mini nothing would happen but users would be alerted)
- If an earthquake big enough hits, all buildings on a earthquake mod baseplate have random bricks fakekilled. The bigger the earthquake, the more bricks fake kill. All players are tumbled.
- If you are hit by rubble, you are stuck and can not move, like in the zombie mod. A user must come and click you to health. Your voice chat is limited, and acts like a radio mod where only close people can hear.
- Afterwards, after shocks occur, that are a random amount but lower than the initial quake (for realism)
- Any water bricks now kill players, they are polluted. Additionally, a flood mod type concept could now come into play, where burst river banks or pipes flood the steets. Any people who are stuck and not saved drown, and thus lose.
- All survivors may help the hurt, or have to get to a safehouse. Those who get to a safehouse win the minigame.

How possible is this?

Or you can spazz out and pretend it's an earthquake  :cookieMonster:

I don't think it would be possible to set up a brick like that.. Would the buildings be shaking? Or would they just randomly Fake Kill?

random fake kill and tumble is possible, and for shaking, countless non-laggy explosions going off, making your screen shake.

I did this in a minigame once. I used the large test explosion to create the earthquake, and it fakekilled bricks too.

I'd rather like to see a cycle of, "Destroy, Build, Destroy".

I don't think it would be possible to set up a brick like that.. Would the buildings be shaking? Or would they just randomly Fake Kill?

A random brick would be selected, and it would detect if bricks were connected and depending on the severity of the quake effect those two. For example, if it was  6 at a depth of 10km you might have a random brick plus 1x bricks around it fake kill. It it was a 7 at the same depth, maybe 2x bricks around it. It can be detected, Zors firemod would spread to nearby bricks.

This is quite possible except for debris inuring players. There's no functions for fake killed bricks to collide with players. It's all client side so that's impossible. The water MIGHT be possible but I'm not sure. Overall it is quite possible but extremely difficult to code.

This is quite possible except for debris inuring players. There's no functions for fake killed bricks to collide with players. It's all client side so that's impossible.

Then just have client side collision. It doesn't matter if the other user doesn't see it, its just to cause people to get injured.

- All buildings participating in the game are placed on earthquake mod baseplates Possible
- At a random time in a mini, an earthquake occurs of a random magnitude and depth, i.e, 5.4 magnitude earthquake hits at 70km deep (you probably wouldn't feel it IRL, so in the mini nothing would happen but users would be alerted) Possible. You might need an event or two: OnEarthqukeStart or StartEarthquakeMag [5.4]
- If an earthquake big enough hits, all buildings on a earthquake mod baseplate have random bricks fakekilled. The bigger the earthquake, the more bricks fake kill. All players are tumbled.  Possible, but may have a couple technical issues
- If you are hit by rubble, you are stuck and can not move, like in the zombie mod. Impossible, I'm pretty sure A user must come and click you to health. Your voice chat is limited, and acts like a radio mod where only close people can hear.  Been made. Search local chat, by herb
- Afterwards, after shocks occur, that are a random amount but lower than the initial quake (for realism) Possible
- Any water bricks now kill players, they are polluted. Possible Additionally, a flood mod type concept could now come into play, where burst river banks or pipes flood the steets. Any people who are stuck and not saved drown, and thus lose.  You would have to specifically event the water rising and killing of people who get in it
- All survivors may help the hurt, or have to get to a safehouse. Those who get to a safehouse win the minigame. Possible