Author Topic: Editing a maps water level.  (Read 2298 times)

So everytime i start my Medieval Mini-Empires server, i have to modify the water to be the correct level. Is there a way to save the water level on that map so i don't have to do that?

A .mis file is basically a script that creates the objects of the mission. Open the specific .mis file in notepad and edit the data for the water in it.

So everytime i start my Medieval Mini-Empires server, i have to modify the water to be the correct level. Is there a way to save the water level on that map so i don't have to do that?
You sir, have an obsession of mini motherloving empires :D

A .mis file is basically a script that creates the objects of the mission. Open the specific .mis file in notepad and edit the data for the water in it.

Or just save the .mis to the map folder (with the correct water level) and then copy it in the the zipped folder. And BOOM you're done ;)

Granted, it will not be the same map - people will have to download the .mis file

Or just save the .mis to the map folder (with the correct water level) and then copy it in the the zipped folder. And BOOM you're done ;)

Granted, it will not be the same map - people will have to download the .mis file
I don't think .mis files are downloaded, only .ter?

I don't think .mis files are downloaded, only .ter?

Wait... would the water go with the terrain file? I think it goes with the mission file...

And yes, I think you only download the terrain file, I do not recall ever downloading a mission file :\
Although to run on an interior map properly you would need the mission file, correct?

A mission file is a script that creates all of the objects for the mission. Sometimes it may have additional code such as defining particles or commands if it has special effects. The mission file itself is not downloaded.

Terrain and interiors are created from external files that *are* downloaded.

Save it as a different name and make a Seperate .zip and everything, include all necessary files and name the .zip Map_"" - Water Edit

Click file. go down to Save mission. not save mission as. Well I geuss, save mission as. Anyway after that (name glitch: it's gonna become a duplicate of the map you edited (not the map itself I mean the name) so just, save it. and it'll show up as a map  :cookieMonster:

Click file. go down to Save mission. not save mission as. Well I geuss, save mission as. Anyway after that (name glitch: it's gonna become a duplicate of the map you edited (not the map itself I mean the name) so just, save it. and it'll show up as a map  :cookieMonster:

Fail

I'll post what I have of my tutorial sometime. It explains all this nicely and with pictures.
But for now, change the map name and save name and apply it in the world editor inspector before saving the map to a .mis file.