Author Topic: I have a few questions.  (Read 1660 times)

I'm going to make a map,(NO DUR) and i need these questions answered first
1. How can I change a skybox.
2. How can I import trees and such.
3. How can I change the lighting darker(Ive tried everything even stuff people said to do).
4. How can I save the map (I click save(both of the save options)and i can't find the map later :O).
5. How can I add stuff to a sky box.
6. How and where can I find or make textures and put them into the game.
Requirements
1. I need a setting sun.
2. Good textures
3. A program to post pictures (not fraps or Hypercam they crash my computer cuz there bugged or something).
What I know how to do
1. Editing terrain
2. Adding textures well placed(I am actually good at this)
3. Changing fog volume
4. Much more I can't think of.
Need advisers and (most likely) beta testers
need people to make or find textures if possible, if you get me some good ones I will have you in the credits.
If I am doing well, I will post this in Modification Discussion.

/Beta testers/Judges-advisers/Credits
1.                  1.                        1. _Dark_
2.                  2.                        2.
3.                  3.                        3.
I do plan on trying as hard as i can on this project
overall progress... 0%
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:39:14 AM by k772 »

Your gonna need to learn alot more about mission editor before you make a map. I suggest you play around with it, figure out things before you make a map. Also you have to make a folder for your map such as : Map_Example. Then save it there and if you open it you will see a mis. file and a ter. file. I don't know if its possible to make a sun move. You can have a skybox of a sun setting its just that it won't move. Also to import tress you need to look under World Editor Creator and go to mission objects> enviorment(lol i think i don't want to open blockland to look)>tress>pick what tree you want. Your gonna have to edit fog in world editor inspector. Same with skybox. Search for good texture resources. I suggest you save Map_SDK that has many textures in there for you. Just simply open it. I will post link for it.

Heres link: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=100081.0

Your gonna need to learn alot more about mission editor before you make a map. I suggest you play around with it, figure out things before you make a map. Also you have to make a folder for your map such as : Map_Example. Then save it there and if you open it you will see a mis. file and a ter. file. I don't know if its possible to make a sun move. You can have a skybox of a sun setting its just that it won't move. Also to import tress you need to look under World Editor Creator and go to mission objects> enviorment(lol i think i don't want to open blockland to look)>tress>pick what tree you want. Your gonna have to edit fog in world editor inspector. Same with skybox. Search for good texture resources. I suggest you save Map_SDK that has many textures in there for you. Just simply open it. I will post link for it.

Heres link: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=100081.0
Thx for that mass of help, I also might need to make a lake of some kind, dark green water if possible, I have attempted this, but i couldn't get the water level where I needed it.  And if this is released you will be in the credits unless you don't want to be.  I won't release this if its crap, I will post pictures as soon as I have something to take a picture of so people can judge.  And I think I might have said something wrong, I used to mess with mission editor for hours, but you are right I do need to learn a lot more.

Thx for that mass of help, I also might need to make a lake of some kind, dark green water if possible, I have attempted this, but i couldn't get the water level where I needed it.  And if this is released you will be in the credits unless you don't want to be.  I won't release this if its crap, I will post pictures as soon as I have something to take a picture of so people can judge.  And I think I might have said something wrong, I used to mess with mission editor for hours, but you are right I do need to learn a lot more.
Dark green water is possible. You have to look for it.
Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibI9abAE8I8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiK9hytce9M&feature=related

These have helped me.
Also use tinypic or imageshack to post pictures.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:35:13 AM by _Dark_ »

1. With Mission Editor, Click World Editor Inspector, Sky, Change the skybox.
2. With world editor CREATOR, (I'm sorry my mission editor doesn't work) Look through all the options until you find sharp trees, pick the tree you want.
3. In world editor inspector, click sun, change the lighting and ambient. Add fog with world editor creator and change it the same color. Then click File/Edit (I dint remember) and relight mission
4. Save map as (Yourmapname.mis) into the addons folder. Then go into the addons folder, and get yourmapname.mis and Yourmapname.ter and put them in a folder (Map_Yourmapname) Add a yourmapname.txt(Notepad file) with a
Name: Yourmapname
Author: k772
Description: Small description
Add a yourmapname.png, which is a picture of your map
Zip the folder.
5. Make your own.
6. Paint Textures Option, click change and pick your desired texture
I hope that helps a lot