Author Topic: Renovating the Cottage: Start to Finish  (Read 4668 times)

basicaly, in my mind, these are completely useless topics, all you're doing is editing/building something, and the scafolding is rather useless, as we do have jets, and it doesn't look too good in my mind, as well as there's no way UP to it besides jetting

basicaly, in my mind, these are completely useless topics, all you're doing is editing/building something, and the scafolding is rather useless, as we do have jets, and it doesn't look too good in my mind, as well as there's no way UP to it besides jetting

i love how some people always have to find the negatives in everything

Hello,
Before you say "COPYCAT, U COPEED LORDY LORD!!11!", check this out.
I, with some help from Casio, Joe Derringer, and ::Matt::, have renovated the Cottage originally created by Ephialtes.

The Start

Removal of the Landscaping to put up Scaffold

The Scaffold is in place

Dismantle of the roof

Taken down the second floor

Got rid of the first floor

Construction on the first floor begins (The foundation leaves later)

The Second floor goes up

And finally, the roof

Without the Scaffold

The final touches with landscaping

Feel free to rate x/10, and again, "COPYCAT ASDF"

!! I HATE YOU I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF DOING THE SAME THING!!!!!! EVEN HAVE scaffolding NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice job though  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

Well, I think that editing something everyone knows and loves and turning it into something completely different gets the attention of a lot of people. That is one of the reasons why I renovated the Mansion, also because i was bored. Despite what you think, the scaffolding helps tremendously; I actually used mine constantly and it gives an even place to start when deleting/building. Jetting while building or hammering is tedious work, it helps to have solid footing.

I think this is a good edit, though it could be better. And I don't mind people using my ideas since I have been a lame-ass and not doing it anymore. I'll eventually get a save to ya'll.

Well, I think that editing something everyone knows and loves and turning it into something completely different gets the attention of a lot of people. That is one of the reasons why I renovated the Mansion, also because i was bored. Despite what you think, the scaffolding helps tremendously; I actually used mine constantly and it gives an even place to start when deleting/building. Jetting while building or hammering is tedious work, it helps to have solid footing.

I think this is a good edit, though it could be better. And I don't mind people using my ideas since I have been a lame-ass and not doing it anymore. I'll eventually get a save to ya'll.
Phew, I thought you were going to rip my guts out.  Thanks for understanding.  I also used scaffold on my city way before Lordy Lord made his renovation.

This is 'kay.

And scaffolding's nice for precise aiming of bricks so you don't have to use autojet which makes you bob up and down.

Nice. You even made a scaffolding :D
9/10

Lame-ass. D:

Phlack, how can you not see how loving difficult it is to build using only jets.

It would obviously be easier and more convenient with the mansion considering it's a lot taller, but it also makes the process more realistic and it actually does help.

The build isn't great, I'm not a big fan of the grayscale here, but it isn't that bad, actually.

!! I HATE YOU I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF DOING THE SAME THING!!!!!! EVEN HAVE scaffolding NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice job though  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:
Why did you have to quote the huge post with all pics?

I never thought of using scaffolding :o  Sounds like it would be much easier than using auto-jet...

I'd give a base 5/10, an added one for the idea of scaffolding, and one for the effort. That's 7/10. And one because I luv the window design ^.^   So now it's 8/10. Would've been higher, but I'm not a fan of greyscale color schemes. It looked too eerie, too modern. I honestly liked the warm, inviting coloring on Ephialtes' better. It would be good as a Halloween cottage, though.
  My suggestion, use warmer colors. Don't make it look like a spaceship with a fail disguise trying to hide in Medieval times, k?

There's the insight of a not professional build-rating-person-that-wanders-on-the-forums-with-nothing-better-to-do-person person. 

Nice. C:

Personally, I like jetting while building. It gives me more freedom. Though, just to try it, I was working on my Roman Temple build with the scaffolding a week or so ago. It was useful at parts, but was ultimately just for show. But still, good work. :D