Author Topic: Starland  (Read 2669 times)

Starland

Starland's a new minimod I've been working on recently. The object is to work together with the other players and build a tower into the sky and, eventually, reach the starlands.

As the team ascends, they are assaulted by monsters which fall from the sky. Killing these monsters earns them build material which the team can use to build further.
The players also reach milestones, which earns them new weapons but ups the difficulty by spawning more, stronger monsters.
Milestone 10 is the starlands, where (for now) gameplay ends. Later versions will feature more gameplay after this point (most likely including giant boss battles).

The server's up now and I need testers.

I'll post some screenshots after the test session.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 02:11:13 PM by rkynick »

Sounds fun but i can't seem to join your server. :(

Sounds cool, I will try to connect.
Edit: Never mind.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:43:04 PM by alex dude »

so when I try to join it freezes on loading datablocks before it even starts to work

Going to add some more stuff and then start hosting.

Here's my summary on this:

Gigantic chest enemies fall out of the sky and you fly to the sky, homestuck-style.

Hosting again.

8 new enemies. 2 new bosses. 4 new randomly triggered events.

It stops loading even on a fresh blockland install. I've even tried different computers. Other servers work fine, just this one. and i can still hit esc and it'll disconnect, and all the other key binds work, so I don't get what's wrong.

Rky, you should call it "Starland - The echetower of pain"

Nice. I was thinking of a similar idea, when will your server be up next?