Author Topic: Weapon Buying.  (Read 1092 times)

I've been to servers with the players able to buy items with points. I want to do this for a CTF I am making.
In the spawn room there will be a desk that will be the store. You will click on the 1x1 print plate with the "?" to see how to use the store. Press the ! to start browsing. When you browse a window will come up for avaible items. Drag your item in the cart to select the item. When you select an item press the information button to see details on the weapon taken from the script. Those details will be stuff like "20 damage each hit" of information put in by the creator. (Bushido hint hint.) Press the buy button to buy your selected weapon. Press the canel button to decline the buy. The items will be displayed on a plate, unable to grab without paying. Only certain items will be able to be bought by certain classes. Your class will be set by an event. "OnActivate-Player-setClass-(classname)" You don't need to have classes, it's a setting. Do you think Blockland could make use of this mod?

This could be all done with VCE.

-snip-Those details will be stuff like "20 damage each hit" of information put in by the creator. (Bushido hint hint.)-snip-
C:\Program Files\Blockland\Weapon_[blah].zip
Weapon_[blah].cs
???
Profit

I havent evented in a while but...
Shiz, nevermind.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 11:40:22 AM by night hawk 1 »

-stupid snip-

This is a Suggestions & Requests topic, he can post whatever kind of suggestion or request that he wants. Who are you to tell him what he can and can't post.

Also, someone is already making a mod for this, let me look it up.

EDIT: Here it is. It's being made by HellsHero. I'm not quite sure what his progress is. You should try sending him a PM.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 10:13:27 PM by Thorax »

instead of asking, just look at the event system, mostly of all, VCE
you'll be needing a way to check the points against the cost of the item, and a way to deduct the points and to give the item

Yes but it's the whole "classes" problem. Can you make only certain players buy certain items?

Yes but it's the whole "classes" problem. Can you make only certain players buy certain items?

If you use events, yes.

If the mod is finished, probably not.