Author Topic: Can't load interior maps  (Read 4608 times)

It seems that retail blockland has problems loading interiors on this computer. It loads all the objects and such, but when it comes to "Lighting mission" it just goes to the end of the bar and stays there until i time out from whatever server i'm connecting to. Any idea on how to solve it?

I'm assuming you messed around in the graphics options. Vertex Lighting - OFF.

It is off. I think.

EDIT: Just as i thought, it is off. Now what?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 02:56:37 PM by Deathwish »

Any syntax errors in the console, or something similar?

load it up in a singleplayer game first. then join a server.

No syntax errors from what i see. Also, i'll delete the existing lighting files and try loading the maps in single player then.

I tried loading both bedroom maps and kitchen in single player now. The bedroom ones took about 10 minutes to load, but kitchen took like 25  :O

Any idea what i can do to decrease that time?

Tell us your system stats, It might help us work out the problems.

It suddenly decided to start working properly  :cookieMonster:

Badspot

• Administrator
after you light each mission once, it will load the mission lighting from the .ml file and won't have to re-calculate it.

Yeah, i know that. The weird thing is that it took forever to load those files before  :cookieMonster:

Tell us your system stats, It might help us work out the problems.

*sigh* It's fixed, but sure.

Nvidia Geforce 2 MX/MX 400
Intel pentium 4 1.8 Ghz
256 MB RAM
40 Gb Harddrive

There.

I'm suspecting it's your ram. When I used to have 256mb of ram, AoT used to take forever to light mission, usually resulting in timeouts.

I don't suppose a 1.8ghz processor helps much either. ;O

Badspot

• Administrator
Yeah Blockland itself uses almost 300 megs of ram so you're probably swapping of your hard drive a lot which is slow.