Author Topic: V18 Known Issues  (Read 17042 times)

One moment please.

Ninja edit: I do not know the exact proportions of the thing so I will just do a kinda mock up I suppose.
I'm pretty sure it's just going to be a brick, not a model.  Unless you are making a brick, of course.

Only one question...when will it be fixed D:

It says that there's no 'Blog' detected? What the hell is that. I just want to play some BL. :/

I'm pretty sure it's just going to be a brick, not a model.  Unless you are making a brick, of course.
Oh I see. I do not know how to make it just a plain ol' BLB and was making a model.
Well I guess I will still finish it and post it in the creativity section... eh

You know, that one glitch. That involves collision. :D

But seriously, what is the Collision glitch? Is it the small player able to go through bricks?
There's thousands of collision glitches.
You can jump up flat surfaces by holding W and Space, as long as your player touches the crack of two bricks.
If you land in front of another player, and they walk forward once you land, they can walk through you.
Small scaled players can go through pretty well anything.
Vehicles can go through pretty well anything, staticshapes and fxdtsbricks more easily than interiorinstances and terrains.
You can go through the bottom of a flat surface while underwater and holding space.
You can also go through the bottom of a flat surface while using some kind of ramp.

Welcome to Torque Game Engine.

You can jump up flat surfaces by holding W and Space, as long as your player touches the crack of two bricks.
I see that as more of a feature than a glitch.

I see that as more of a feature than a glitch.
If it's a feature, then I want to get rid of it.
I'm not going to make custom bricks just to stop people from jumping corners/walls.

If it's a feature, then I want to get rid of it.
I'm not going to make custom bricks just to stop people from jumping corners/walls.

-snip-
And he never even got to vehicle collision glitches...

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I get this Splite Error, which is an out of game Box, followed by an explanation of this in an in-game box, saying: "It will most certainly not work."

On my BL hompage it has a small loading tab that says building cache or something like that. Where it should say Hi, Mattyboy on the bottom it says demo mode. Then BL just freezes and does nothing. When I Ctrl+Alt+Delete the task manager says the status is not responding. Can I get some help with this? It's extremely annoying to not be able to play Blockland anymore.

On my BL hompage it has a small loading tab that says building cache or something like that. Where it should say Hi, Mattyboy on the bottom it says demo mode. Then BL just freezes and does nothing. When I Ctrl+Alt+Delete the task manager says the status is not responding. Can I get some help with this? It's extremely annoying to not be able to play Blockland anymore.

It's doing a lot of stuff because you have a lot of add-ons.

Be patient and let it go through.

There's thousands of collision glitches.
If you land in front of another player, and they walk forward once you land, they can walk through you.
Small scaled players can go through pretty well anything.
Vehicles can go through pretty well anything, staticshapes and fxdtsbricks more easily than interiorinstances and terrains.
You can go through the bottom of a flat surface while underwater and holding space.
You can also go through the bottom of a flat surface while using some kind of ramp.

Welcome to Torque Game Engine.

More:
You can keep a slope's jump physics on a flat surface if you hold jump
Slides
You can catch yourself on a sharp horizontal edge that is flat on top, and slide along it
While caught on an edge, you can jump off it. Vertically, if you do it right.

You can keep a slope's jump physics on a flat surface if you hold jump
Well, this can be fixed by adding a bit of a jump delay. I know there's an engine value for this.

Edit:
Also, using a datablock with no jets, you lose air control by holding the jet key.

Edit2: Also, some of those aren't collision issues, more of physics issues.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 10:08:40 PM by Chrono »