V18 Known Issues

Author Topic: V18 Known Issues  (Read 17040 times)

I dunno if this is a problem, or if anyone else have it, but there's four functions that is bothering me:
Code: [Select]
ChangeRPVariable()
RP_GetStatVar()
RP_GetStatVarFromID()
RP_GetStatVarFromData()

All four is used in RP Core, but only serversided. The problem is that those are now loaded as client functions. They don't do anything, and returns void, even if they(in RP Core) get arguments and returns a string. I have no RP Content mod at all in the add-ons folder, still they show up. This first occurred in v17, but I didn't noticed it until people shouted at me that RP Core didn't worked as it should do, and spit out errors. I had to change RP_GetStatVarFromData to RP_GetStatVarFromData2 to make RP Content to work properly, and maybe I have to do that to those other three too.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 03:25:14 AM by mctwist »

What is "CHECKING CDN FOR 1 FILE"

It says that every time I try to go into a server. :/
Says that all the time, except for badspot's servers.
even on singleplayer, blockland is destroyed for me now.

Badspot

• Administrator
I dunno if this is a problem, or if anyone else have it, but there's four functions that is bothering me:
ChangeRPVariable()
RP_GetStatVar()
RP_GetStatVarFromID()
RP_GetStatVarFromData()

All four is used in RP Core, but only serversided. The problem is that those are now loaded as client functions. They don't do anything, and returns void, even if they(in RP Core) get arguments and returns a string. I have no RP Content mod at all in the add-ons folder, still they show up. This first occurred in v17, but I didn't noticed it until people shouted at me that RP Core didn't worked as it should do, and spit out errors. I had to change RP_GetStatVarFromData to RP_GetStatVarFromData2 to make RP Content to work properly, and maybe I have to do that to those other three too.

The functions exist in c++ specifically to prevent them from being created in old versions of RP_Core.  The RP_Core versions of the functions in question allow for code injection attacks. 

Badspot

• Administrator
Says that all the time, except for badspot's servers.
even on singleplayer, blockland is destroyed for me now.
Reinstall the game and run it without doing anything stupid to it.  Or continue being a melodramatic friend.  Your choice.

When you download music files from a server and enable them on your server, they are not executed because according the game, they are "Stereo".

Also if you restart Blockland, the downloaded music files do not appear in the music list.

The functions exist in c++ specifically to prevent them from being created in old versions of RP_Core.  The RP_Core versions of the functions in question allow for code injection attacks. 
RP_GetStatVar()
RP_GetStatVarFromID()
RP_GetStatVarFromData()
It was ChangeRPVariable that caused the backdoor. I don't see why these three others had anything to do with it. All three may evaluate a code, but to inject them you need access to the server console. And if you already have access to it, then why use those functions?
ChangeRPVariable also was the only one of them that was called from a server command.

My add-ons aren't showing up! They are still in the Blockland folder, but they aren't showing up in Version 18! My RTB add-on isn't even showing up on the main menu!

characters 'é' and keypad(123456789) for french isn't working anymore, I know that é was working in v17 but for the numbers I don't remember.. any solutions?

I downloaded the dmg version of Blockland for mac and put the Blockland folder on my desktop and started it but it gets stuck on "building the catch database" and crashes.

Please help Badspot.

P.S. I attached my console log.

I got past the "Building Database Cache" message, ( :cookieMonster: ),
But when I start a server, if someone enters my server my computer completely freezes.

I didn't update yet, but what is the new key item used for? Is it the same purpose like in Rtb?

Edit: Oh they're to the treasure chest game.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 09:19:43 AM by Riot »

So to fix the "Building Database Cache" I just should get rid of all add-ons besides default?

I just did a fresh install due to all this annoyance

I downloaded the dmg version of Blockland for mac and put the Blockland folder on my desktop and started it but it gets stuck on "building the catch database" and crashes.

Please help Badspot.

Doesn't work for me either.
I manually dragged over all my addons from v17 (excluding default). Does that affect it?

Doesn't work for me either.
I manually dragged over all my addons from v17 (excluding default). Does that affect it?
I just tried a new downloaded Blockland but it did the same thing and I did not put any add ons in it or anything.