Author Topic: Thereafter [Blockland Movie - "IcyGammas Best Work"]  (Read 12838 times)

I've looked forward to this, glad you finished it.

Also I see you renamed it because of that other movie called Hereafter that came out.  :cookieMonster:

:cookieMonster:

I still can't believe that...

I just finished watching the entire thing (I had only seen part before). Very good work indeed. Especially considering it was a Blockland movie, it was spectacular, all the voice acting, direction, building, and whatnot. In all honesty, I would have done it differently (The plot, that is), but it isn't my work. Though, all in all, it was great. c:

Here is an image of Penguin/Person and I on set, filming the colored flashback scene where he burns himself.

Here is a video of me on set with Mogarf, and guest Kilser. Mogarf decides to dress naked in the main characters spawn house.

Here is a video of what happened after I filmed a scene with Jairo.

Just thought you might enjoy that.

Oh, I'd use you again. You were good at following instructions without complaining, you didn't waste my time, and you were happy to re-do takes. Also, when I needed to film you were instantly ready, which is a rare quality. Definitely one of the best players I've filmed with.
Awww. This will be my new signature<3

Oh, I'd use you again. You were good at following instructions without complaining, you didn't waste my time, and you were happy to re-do takes. Also, when I needed to film you were instantly ready, which is a rare quality. Definitely one of the best players I've filmed with.
AM I THE
SECOND BEST PLAYER?

Could you upload the full movie in parts to YouTube?

I spend a lot of my forum time on my phone and cannot watch things on Vimeo.

I lol'd when the Icy Peg legs song turned on the radio.

Goofs and trivia - SPOILERS
After a month or so of a movie release, I like to evaluate everything. By this time, I also find some goofs in my movies. So here they are for those interested.

Revealing Mistakes
During the scene where Dennis gets a newspaper dropped on his door in the B&W world, the text says that Dennis loses his daughter "Casey Woods" accidentally using the last name of the supporting character, Mark Woods, rather than using Dennis's last name "Hubbard".

Technical Error
In the face off between Dennis and the Doom Bot, as Dennis is running with the Doom Bot enlarged in the background, his tie is transparent due to a blue screen error.

Audio/visual unsynchronized
In the scene of which Dennis enters the house and receives the loaf of bread, despite the fact he is talking his mouth does not open at all.

Incorrectly Regarded As Errors
In the colored scenes, Dennis is noted as having a blue tie despite telling Mark in a later scene that he is deeply afraid of the color blue. However, later in the movie the Doom Bot mocks Dennis for wearing a tie, mentioning he wears it to try and "face his ordeal".

Continuity Error
In the colored flashback where Dennis sees his daughters killer, the red house which the man enters (which is the burned down house in the non-flashback B&W world) does not have a mailbox, yet when the world returns to normal we can see a mailbox in the wreckage of the home.

Deleted Scenes
A single scene was removed from the script, in which a flashback of Dennis arguing with his wife after the death of their daughter forces his wife to leave.

At the beginning of the movie before the edit, Dennis breaks into tears after being told he has cancer. In a later scene when he sees the apparition of his daughter in the B&W world, he also burst into tears begging for her to speak. However, Dennis's character suits that of someone who has already been through the tears and is now a more emotionless, bottled, troubled soul, rather than one who carries a box of tissues around every ten minutes. Beyond that, it seemed extremely melodramatic and was then removed.

Trivia
The movie was initially going to be called "Hereafter" however in a rare coincidence, around the time the filming of the earlier scenes had occurred, an actual movie with the same name was announced. This was a major inconvenience as during the name selection the name was searched to ensure it was not yet taken. Instead, a T was thrown in the front to make a new name.

The movie is based off a story the creator, Joshua Liddle, wrote in 2009 as part of an English project, in which a man exists in an old 70's styled house and cannot escape his street, as he has committed Self Delete. In the 2009 story, the man is stuck in a house without power, good food, comfortable furniture, or the ability to escape from his street. He has a fear of old fashioned or outdated houses, which is what he is trapped in. He gets a newspaper each morning dated on the day he died, but never sees the delivery man and if he tries to wait for him he never shows up. And to stop him going into another house, every other building on the street is abandoned and infested with a disgusting amount of roosterroaches, flees, and other bugs. Each day he gets a slice of bread and a glass of water, a bitterly boring combination. Towards the end of the story, it explains how he killed himself and wish he didn't.
As you can see, the base of the 2009 story was used in the creation of Thereafter, but equally tweaked to give it more of an engaging storyline for a movie, and respond better with a Blockland audience.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 02:47:51 PM by Sheath »

You forgot the researcho magazine i left in the road

or did you remove that

I deleted the researcho before filming. That video, and the researcho, are more like behind the scenes banter than anything else.