Author Topic: Server Image When Loading  (Read 782 times)

while loading a server, with the new speedy downloading for art files, would it be possible to have an option to either display the map that the server is using, or the image of the server from here?

This has been suggested before.

I don't know the outcome of it though, but it was never made.

But with this update, it might be possible.

Interesting idea... Ill give it a shot.

Also, it would have been do-able with any other update.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 04:15:40 PM by Scout31 »

This isn't making any since to me. Take a look at the image it downloaded. Its not even the whole picture, either.

What?

I think he's showing a way to see the server before you go there.

This isn't making any since to me. Take a look at the image it downloaded. Its not even the whole picture, either.
odd, the quality got shot :o

Well, found the problem. Or, at least, A problem

Badspot didn't put the "Content-Length:" header on the pictures. Ill send him a PM.

Doesn't General's server do something like this? Although he does take it and edit it...

It works!

Releasing it in a minute...

EDIT: I'm having second thoughts on releasing it. It freezes BL for about 30 seconds while loading.

EDIT 2: Well, I narrowed the problem down to saving the image. Downloading is fine.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 07:48:24 PM by Scout31 »

It works!

Releasing it in a minute...

EDIT: I'm having second thoughts on releasing it. It freezes BL for about 30 seconds while loading.

EDIT 2: Well, I narrowed the problem down to saving the image. Downloading is fine.
goody, not sure how the artwork files work these days, does the server upload them to the master server or something?