Author Topic: Accent letters/Funky letters In your screen name  (Read 1013 times)

These are instructions for people who have a PC only. Sorry, I have a PC.

I have seen this happen before... people join servers with letters like ®, §, ¢, ¥, », º, and so on. people ask in capital letters "HOW DO YOU DO THAT!!!11!1!". I have seen people ban people because they didn't tell them how to do it.

I made this thread to make it able for people to get these things in their names. Listen up.

First, Go to Run... 

Second, Type in the run box, charmap.exe

Third, Select the letters you want in your name. Click select, then hit copy.

Fourth, Here is the challenging part. In comes keybinds. Open Blockland, and change your name. 
 then, do as it says.

See what I did there? To insert the letter into your name, Hit CTRL + V

Then it will change your name (Hopefully) to that. You all are welcome for my help.

Have fun with your funky letter name!

You've just told all the people too stupid how to do something easy how to make their name a group of forgeted up random stuff letters that no one should ever use. It just makes it harder to talk to them, say their name, and when they do stuff in your server, ban them.

Hmm, why can't you edit in Help?
Also, you can just hold down alt and press numbers on the number pad to get those symbols too.

It just makes it harder to talk to them, say their name,
Say the letter that it represents. If its Ø Say O, If its § Say S, And to ban them, Find letters in their name that aren't funky, or use this and copy paste it to ban them. Its not that hard.

Say the letter that it represents. If its Ø Say O, If its § Say S, And to ban them, Find letters in their name that aren't funky, or use this and copy paste it to ban them. Its not that hard.
I'm sorry to seem harsh, it's just that I can't possibly understand why anyone would do this?
I mean, people who do this probably haven't even studied the purpose of these characters in their native languages.

I think it added a mysteriousness to people's names. Makes them look better than everyone because you don't know how to do it.

I think it added a mysteriousness to people's names. Makes them look better than everyone because you don't know how to do it.
  ▲
▲▲

Newcigarettes can't "funky letters in your screen name".

Great so now we get assloads of idiots that I cannot insert their names into my events due to the fact they have forgeted up characters our macs can't form using alt commands. So I have to go get their ID and remember it that way.

OP, forget you :(

You've just told all the people too stupid how to do something easy how to make their name a group of forgeted up random stuff letters that no one should ever use. It just makes it harder to talk to them, say their name, and when they do stuff in your server, ban them.
Great so now we get assloads of idiots that I cannot insert their names into my events due to the fact they have forgeted up characters our macs can't form using alt commands. So I have to go get their ID and remember it that way.

OP, forget you :(
hivemind