Author Topic: KOTH_Roadvalley- For all your chokey needs  (Read 4142 times)

A TDM that took me way too long to finish. It is a King of the Hill in which two teams must fight to capture a single CP, located between two opposite sides of a highway, on which they have created bases. Both teams have access to a small range of equipment, including Sentries, which they are not allowed to upgrade. The CP cap time is 4 minutes.

Weapons:
Classic SMG
Classic Rifle
Toolkit- MG (Level 1 at all times)

Equpiment:  (optional)
Stick Grenade
Concussion Grenade
Medkit

Screenshots!

Blue Base.

Red Base

An interior shot from Blue Base. It is exactly the same in Red Base.

Each Sniper Tower leads onto a ledge where people can pile sentries and do stuff.

The view into the KOTH CP tunnel. More routes into it may be added later.

A general view of a base. Red looks exactly the same.

The overview. The gigantic flares are for the 'fake highways' behind each base.

Combat

Update 11.10.10: Flanking tunnels

It may not look like it, but this KOTH is surprisingly fun and chaotic. The choke point is a massive combat zone, with sentries piled everywhere, and bullets a-flying in their general direction. The Welder is disallowed because ALL of the players with L3 sentries would be a complete mad laghouse, which was bad enough when being hosted on a crappy Mac Mini. Expect Updates, as new routes and features are added to the TDM.

Problems/Complaints
Lack of needed strategy
Weapons (sport rifles)
Too many turrets
Map size
Lack of flanking routes
The choke point (the only one on the map) is very chokey.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:04:29 PM by Pliny »

Looks like it was duplicated from the blue (or red) side to the red (or blue) side.

However, this is incredible, and I would like to see further into it. Are you hosting?

Holy Wow, good work 10/10

It's being hosted now. Come join!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 09:26:27 AM by Pliny »

It's open right now if you want to join.

I was there untill i started hosting my TF2 TDM

Woah. Looks good, but those are short highways.

Looks like it was duplicated from the blue (or red) side to the red (or blue) side.

However, this is incredible, and I would like to see further into it. Are you hosting?

I noticed this also. But I still like.