Blockland Forums > General Discussion

Macro: Bug or Feature

(1/1)

North:
Hi, I've got a question about using macros in Blockland.

In singleplayer they work very well, at least as far as I ckecked it out.
In multiplayer, after recording a macro and pressing the playback button, it goes like this:
5 bricks will be plant, the next 4 get skipped, then again 5 will be plant and so on.

Sometimes, If I change the direction of my view, the value of skipped bricks varies.

Now the question: Is this a bug or intentionally like a restriction for non-admins?

btw: I love the retail  :cookieMonster: :cookie:

Packer:
Some servers have a Max Brick count Per second, e.g. 10 Bricks per Second it stops players from Spamming like crazy.

But there is a glitch where using a Marco goes all strange and starts moving in directions that its not meant to.

Mixmasta:
Macro is a new feature that isn't 100% functionable yet. But as long as you look the same direction while recording and playing it, and the brick is the same size, it should go well.

North:
Thanks, that clears some things up for me! - I realy like macros, cause its a very useful tool for building great things!

Badspot:
If the server has changed their max bricks per second pref then you'll get missing bricks because of the flood protection.  Eventually I'll have the macro speed automatically adjust. 

You can switch colors and bricks in a macro with no problem.

You have to look the same direction when recording a macro because brick movement is relative to which direction you're facing and the macro is just a recording of your brick inputs.  There's no way for it to know what direction you're facing.

If you want your macro to be repeatable, you have to make sure that your brick is rotated the same way at the end and beginning of the macro. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version