Poll

Do you think it should be prevented?

Yes
69 (64.5%)
No
38 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Author Topic: Rear View Mirror - Why is it allowed?  (Read 3938 times)

Recently, I've been seeing the rear view mirror showing up in various screenshots.

This rear view mirror is a tool used to gain an unfair advantage in minigames.
If the aimbot and such were not allowed, why is this?

The rear view mirror puts another view on the screen which displays whats behind the user.

Recently, I've been seeing the rear view mirror showing up in various screenshots.

The rear view mirror puts another view on the screen which displays whats behind the user.
I've never noticed this before, exactly what vehicles use them?

It seems strange, but maybe because everyone can download it [on RTB]? The same goes for the rapidfire script.

I've never noticed this before, exactly what vehicles use them?
None. It's a client sided add-on that can be used at any time. In and out of vehicles.

It seems strange, but maybe because everyone can download it [on RTB]? The same goes for the rapidfire script.
The only thing the rapidfire affects in minigames is the hammer and push broom, and other poorly scripted add-ons.
It's possible to prevent rapidfire on the server side, though impossible to prevent RVM.

None. It's a client sided add-on that can be used at any time. In and out of vehicles.
Really? I want to check this out. Could you pm me the link please? Or I could just use the search...

Really? I want to check this out. Could you pm me the link please? Or I could just use the search...
Please don't use it.

Rear View Mirror really irritates me because I want people in my minigame to be able to sneak up on others.

Rear View Mirror really irritates me because I want people in my minigame to be able to sneak up on others.
Yeah once I remembered it existed, it really made me not even want to make a DM.

It's relatively handy, but it doubles the amount of bricks you're viewing.

maybe somebody could make a script to disable it.
The script would check when someone connected and if they had the rear view mirror script and disable it?