Author Topic: LAN Using demo?  (Read 5532 times)

I think i saw Badspot saying something about it before release, but i have'nt tested, so i don't know; Is it possible to play a LAN game and then people who have only the demo can connect, with full functionality? It'd be easier to convince my friends to buy BL that way.

Badspot

• Administrator
Yes.  Only the host in a LAN game needs to have the full version.

Darn, I was going to show off Blockland to my friend but I can't physically LAN with him.

Darn, I was going to show off Blockland to my friend but I can't physically LAN with him.

uhh just tell him to get the demo?
no need to play multiplayer just to show him how great blockland is.

Can you use hamachi?  :cookieMonster:
no

Why not? If hamachi is like a LAN emulator what makes BL Retail different?

no

Why not? If hamachi is like a LAN emulator what makes BL Retail different?

I'm guessing it goes through the process of:
+ Checking the IPs
+ If they are similar, do nothing (return 0; :D)
+ If they aren't alike, BANBAN !

Now i've tried the LAN thing. It truly works :D

I tried letting my nephew using my serial so we could play on my server and we got disconnected from it a few minutes into it, it said "Failed to Authorize".

What if someone finds out how to unlock retail via the files?

olol

no
You better make sure 100% cause I know someone will make a program to fool it and get retail free for all their friends. Get ready to disable this feature if it's abused.

I tried letting my nephew using my serial so we could play on my server and we got disconnected from it a few minutes into it, it said "Failed to Authorize".

The serial has to match with the ip you unlocked it with. You can useb it as many times as long as its the same ip otherwise it won't work.

Badspot

• Administrator

For 2 people to use the same key they must 1: Both use the same name 2: Both be at the same ip address.