Author Topic: Changing the SkyBox  (Read 1762 times)

how do I change the Skybox I read the guide I cant understand it and how would I change color of sun to light orange

Huge Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump!

You read my tutorial, aye? I discuss changing the skybox. Changing the color of the sun is not changing the skybox, it is changing the sun.

You can find the sun in the Window>World Editor Inspector>Sun tab. Then go into 'Misc' where you can change the azimuth, elevation, color, and ambient properties of the sun by changing the first digit of the numbers.

Azimuth: Changes the direction of sunlight on the x axis. This will affect shadows.
Elevation: Changes the direction of the sunlight on the y axis. This will affect shadows.
Color: Changes the color of sunlight.
Ambient: Changes the color of natural lighting. This can be used to express day, morning, evening, or night.

It will take a long while to get the hang of it, but just mess around with numbers and you'll get used to how it changes.

Taken directly from my Mapping Tutorial.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 11:15:02 PM by Wesley Williams »

Color: Changes the color. Mess with it for a while to see how the changes take effect.
Ambient: Changes the the color's sharpness. Decrease numbers for darker colors, increase numbers for brighter colors.

Make certain to keep the same number of digits

Color = Color of sunlight.
Ambient = Color of natural lighting.

And the number of digits does not matter. The ME will fill in the extra zeros.

Color = Color of sunlight.
Ambient = Color of natural lighting.

And the number of digits does not matter. The ME will fill in the extra zeros.

Oh cool, I just wrote those things because I wasn't sure myself and didn't have the time to figure it out ;)

Will change. Thanks a lot, I hope people keep revising what I write because I'm still far from a master at ME.