Author Topic: World War One games/sims megathread.  (Read 6017 times)

Now i've noticed that not many WWI games have been posted here, and not many people know about WWI games. Well here you go:

Flying Corps:

A WWI flight sim, made in 1996. It features realistic flight models and joystick support. It also has a campaign that's rather short, and not a very large variety of planes.

I'm not sure if this is abandonware or not, but i'm not going to risk it.

Red Baron II/3D:

Yet another WWI flight sim, Red Baron II was released in 1997, and Red Baron 3D was a heavily patched version released in 1998. This game features realistic damage models, and flight models. Also has joystick support, and a very large variety of planes. It featured support for cards with Glide 3D enabled, which makes the graphics way better. There is an emulator for glide 3D, i'll try to find a link for it. This game also featured the first online dedicated servers. I loved this loving game, and I still do. I'm pretty sure you can find it on Ebay for a fairly low price.

Rise of Flight:

The newest WWI flight sim, released June 29th 2009. It features amazing graphics and a nearly perfect damage model. There's not really a large variety of planes in the stock game, but you have to buy extra planes from the website (Which I agree is very stupid). You can find this at best buy, or gamestop for about $30. Here's the official website, where you can download the demo from once you sign up: http://riseofflight.com

Toy Soldiers:

Released last year on the XBL arcade, this is basically a WWI strategy game. But instead of people, you control, yes, toy soldiers. It's a fun game if you have a friend to play with but in my opinion it gets pretty boring. You could control mortars or MG's on your base, or you could switch to planes and fly them to gun down infantry. It's about 1200 microsoft points on the XBL arcade.

WWI Source:

A mod for HL2, I haven't played it yet but from what i've seen it looks pretty good. It's mostly trench warfare, so if you don't like that, don't get it, because WWI was mostly trench warfare.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ww1-source

]

Aces High 2:

I understand this game is a WWII game as well, but it features WWI planes and tanks, so i'm putting it up. This, like most of the other ones I posted, is a combat flight sim. It's got a few WWI planes, and some people like to host WWI servers. It's a very fun game, and I love playing it. Mainly because I can't run Rise of Flight. Fun dogfights, and pretty good graphics.

http://www.hitechcreations.com/

Snoopy vs The Red Baron:

I've honestly never played this or heard of it, but it seems to be an arcade style WWI flight game. It was released for PS2 and PSP, not sure how long ago. Snoopy seems to be the main character, this is all I currently know about it. Tell me more about it if you guys happen to know.

Dogfighter:

I'm putting this up because the biplane's and triplane's in this game seem to be WWI era. This is an arcade-style combat flight game. There was a lot of emphasis in the trailer that it was not a simulator. It has multiplayer support for up to 15 players, and seems to be a fun game if you're into arcady combat flight games. It's currently $9.99 on the steam store.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42500/

If there are any more that you guys know of, let me know.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:02:08 PM by Shinji »

there's a mod for Half-Life but i forget what it's called :/

WW1 Source? I put it up.

I know there's an American Revolutionary War mod, it's... uhh.

How you would imagine a war in the 1700s would be

I know there's an American Revolutionary War mod, it's... uhh.

How you would imagine a war in the 1700s would be
Battlegrounds i think

Downloading WW1 Source right now.  Looks great.

I wanna be red baron :o

bump

Hey queers suggest games.

Aces high. I love it so much.