Author Topic: Tinnitus  (Read 3488 times)

Whenever I move my jaw in a strange way, my ears ring, and sometimes in silence this happens to me.

I have a sort of misplaced jaw - its not immediately noticeable, but it sometimes hurts when i bite down

My mum has this and a few weeks ago I heard the ringing. It stopped after a while but now I'm scared I'm gonna get it. :(

Jeez, that can make people go mad.

EVERYONE has ringing in their ears

it's classed as tinnitus when it's markedly louder than normal, such as interrupting sleep patterns or causing hearing difficulties

Basically it's constantly hearing this really really really really 'loud' ringing noise in one or both of your ears forever. However, even with tinnitus you can still hear very faint noises, as if the sound from tinnitus does not register in the same way. Compare the sound in videogames that you get after getting hit by a grenade or explosion to tinnitus. Except it keeps going.
I've had it for so long I don't really notice it until it's really quiet. For a while I thought it was normal and that it was just how the brain registered silence.
For me, actually hearing it is like playing 'the game'. You don't notice it until you think about it. At least for me.
Does anyone else have tinnitus?
  *waves*   I do. I only notice it when I'm bored, even if I try to hear it. after I forget I hear this booming noise in my head. :c

To tell the truth, I think one really can just get used to it.
I believe I've had it for at least fifteen years, or twelve or so years if my tinnitus is related to my period of ear infection as a young, young child. This may or may not be the case as my mother also has it, but not as strongly, I guess.

...my tinnitus is related to my period of ear infection as a young, young child...
I had a lot of ear infections as a child too, they even had tubes put in at one point so you might be onto something.

I don't even notice it until it goes away and things suddenly seem more quiet so it doesn't really bother me to much.

I had this real bad last night.
Until i realised it was my tv making a odd noice. It's probably close to exploding or something.

I actually kinda like the ringing I get from it, mine's not super bad but it's a bit louder than normal. People call me crazy when I tell them it sounds like voices. I love to talk to them at night... But I know it's not normal ear ringing, but it's not ringing, it's more whispering.

what the forget happened to this loving thread
oh gof loving forget forget