Poll

Do you hate "Disco" builds?

Yes I ban whoever makes them and delete the bricks.
6 (25%)
Yeah, but sometimes I just go with it.
7 (29.2%)
I dunno, kinda.
3 (12.5%)
Not really I kind of like them.
2 (8.3%)
No I like them.
5 (20.8%)
I make them all the time but for some reason I always get banned/kicked.
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: "Dance Floor" Builds  (Read 1368 times)

Over time I've seen a lot of builds that are basically a rainbow 32x32 with a music brick in the middle occasionally, has anyone ever seen this?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 06:02:45 PM by Fabio 555 »

I think a better name for it would be a dance floor.

I think a better name for it would be a dance floor.
I'll take your advice, good idea

On my server I have a dance floor that is made differently.
You should see it since you hate the rainbow ones.

On my server I have a dance floor that is made differently.
You should see it since you hate the rainbow ones.

Well was that an insult?

I hate to try and contradict the first two posters, but I think the OP is more or less talking about club builds. Builds that involve... clubs. Places where music is played in a large room with lots of colors and people collect in masses to dance to it. (Even though they're usually totally empty in Blockland.)

I've tried making clubs several times, but I'm usually held back because of event limits, or just not being able to come up with a good idea for a design. I don't know if you're somewhat new to Blockland, but there's a lot of structures that tend to be built badly, but similarly through the community. (I.E., houses/bases/offices/any other loving building that exists, involving lots of 1x5s and two large base plates.)

But to answer your question, yeah, I've seen those builds. What about them?

What about them?
Well obviously this topic is meant for your opinion on the subject

I think people should put more effort into the ways they build things, and not just go with such a boring and empty design. When I build a club, I don't just make a box. I make a box... and then I add in a platform. Then I add in lights. Then I color in textures on the walls. Then I.... etc., etc. I start with a general idea that other people have built before, but I change it to make it more original. That makes your build much more interesting to look at and explore.

I also think that your build should be distinguishable by the time it's finished being built. I mean, using my previously mentioned example of people taking this "1x5 box" design and using it for all buildings, how am I supposed to know what that is? Is it a house? Is it a police station? Is it a wonderful-funderful land of hopes and dreams and rainbows? I have no clue, because all I see is a box. Put something in it to clarify what you're building. Give me more of a hint than, "IT'S A BOX." And be careful with your hints. Make sure other people would recognize what it is. Someone once stated that their 1x5 box was a jail because it was blue... lolwut? (Obviously, an exception to this rule is needed for things that AREN'T recognizable to other people, like something more abstract, like a sculpture or something..)

I think people should put more effort into the ways they build things, and not just go with such a boring and empty design. When I build a club, I don't just make a box. I make a box... and then I add in a platform. Then I add in lights. Then I color in textures on the walls. Then I.... etc., etc. I start with a general idea that other people have built before, but I change it to make it more original. That makes your build much more interesting to look at and explore.

I also think that your build should be distinguishable by the time it's finished being built. I mean, using my previously mentioned example of people taking this "1x5 box" design and using it for all buildings, how am I supposed to know what that is? Is it a house? Is it a police station? Is it a wonderful-funderful land of hopes and dreams and rainbows? I have no clue, because all I see is a box. Put something in it to clarify what you're building. Give me more of a hint than, "IT'S A BOX." And be careful with your hints. Make sure other people would recognize what it is. Someone once stated that their 1x5 box was a jail because it was blue... lolwut? (Obviously, an exception to this rule is needed for things that AREN'T recognizable to other people, like something more abstract, like a sculpture or something..)
Well, yeah, but who do you think I am a 26k?? I'm a well learned 12k!
 :panda:

Well, yeah, but who do you think I am a 26k?? I'm a well learned 12k!
 :panda:
Because IDs have anything to do with distinguishing how well you build.

Because IDs have anything to do with distinguishing how well you build.
I mean, "of course i know that im a 12k!"

I'm going to go ahead and start a dance floor server now.