Poll

What's your opinion?

Progress
Failure

Author Topic: CityRp, Progress or Failure?  (Read 1197 times)

What if someone was to say, add Government to the whole system? Would this allow a more player-based system, rather the dictatorship of administration?

Computermix and I are currently working on a government system, which will allow Mayor elections, and the raising and lowering of taxes. It will also have an elected congress, which can create laws and building regulations. What are your thoughts?
Mayor Elections? Tax raises? Here's what I think about that:

Mayor gets rich --> Mayor raises taxes so only he and a few others can pay for it --> Gov. profit, rich to poor --> Poor people get killed for no money to pay taxes.

Mayor Elections? Tax raises? Here's what I think about that:

Mayor gets rich --> Mayor raises taxes so only he and a few others can pay for it --> Gov. profit, rich to poor --> Poor people get killed for no money to pay taxes.
These are all the problems that I've already overlooked. You see, If the mayor or Congress member is doing a bad job, they can get booted out of office in an eviction vote. So I don't really care if the mayor is getting rich, because the people actually have the power to vote him out of office. Elect a corrupt government, I don't care, but eventually people will learn.

The mayor does not get paid off of the taxes, in fact, the mayor hardly get's paid at all. The point of the Mayor's position is to allow players temporary political experience, not money. IN FACT, the mayor, or anyone for that manner, cannot access the governmental funds. So your idea of the mayor getting rich off of the people is out of hand in this situation. In fact, if everyone is poor, so is the mayor.
Here's how it works:

Your tax money goes to the government funds

The government funds then distributes payment to players throughout the server

The players then receive paychecks, and can vary because of the economic condition.

So if the economic condition is is poor, your paychecks will be poor too. So if the mayor wants to get money, then everyone else will have to have money too.

NOT ONLY THAT, but the mayor only has the ability to raise taxes either 5$ up or 5$ down.

So in most cases, the government I'm trying to build is much like the government we have today in the United States. But in this world, the government actually has money, and runs properly. Sure there can be frauds and corrupted rulers, but that's what I want. I want exactly that, for the people to rule, and see what certain rules will bring them to.

It's worked like this for thousands of years, and now I'm keen on putting this to simulation.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:03:01 AM by Custard »