Author Topic: Everything sucks  (Read 2916 times)

No, I'm not whining, I'm not complaining, I'm not raging, I'm simply making an observation.

Is it just me or is everything (from people (intelligence, courtesy, etc.) to music to service...) declining in quality? It's like everything is just really stuffty, uninteresting, unpleasent, unfunny. Is this what it was like for those growing up in the 60s on? Is the general quality of people and things and art rapidly declining into a bowl of stuff soup?

Discuse.

First post!
It's called life. Get used to it.

There is more quantity then quality now-a-days.

Also, this has been happening for quite some time now, what made you mad specifically?

There is more quantity then quality now-a-days.

Also, this has been happening for quite some time now, what made you mad specifically?

Idea: If we make the ketchup with stufftier ingredients, but sell it in larger quantities, people will buy more of it and be even more satisfied. Public reception: YES DO WANT HURR

Nothing really in particular, just browsing the internet and looking at people and music. It's so sad how people like T-Pain and Lady Gaga are considered artists. It's sad how JB's stuff is called music. Music is art, and what they do is not art in the least. But then I guess it's like swing and disco and whatnot, hopefully just a fad.

Indeed, the community has been going downhill but some people who make the forum bearable still remain.

I do believe it's partly our fault since we haven't been the greatest "role model" to the new wave of forum members.

EDIT: Oh that was directed at everything?

I guess it's like swing and disco and whatnot, hopefully just a fad.
To be followed by another fad people hate.

[color=handicap ]First post![/color]
It's called life. Get used to it.

Thanks bro, I'm glad you cleared that up for me. I said it before; I'm not complaining, I'm simply making an observation, and part of my observation is morons like you.

EDIT: Oh that was directed at everything?

Yes, the forums are included in [everything] though.

It's so sad how people like T-Pain and Lady Gaga are considered artists. It's sad how JB's stuff is called music. Music is art, and what they do is not art in the least.
Gosh, we aren't the best examples for "music is art" with our metal. Who are we to decide what it is? In my opinion Melodic Folk Metal is the best and artistic genre that there's ever been. Even though I know this may not be the same opinion for everybody else but no one knows what music actually is.

I mean not to disagree, "forget BITCH I SUCKED HER richard AND forgetED HER BRAIN OUT 'TILL SHE FAINTS MOFO YEAH SMD AND LMA" with a synthesized voice and the same beat over and over again really isn't and shouldn't be called music but the new generation of forgettards love it. And sadly our world is a greedy bastardish world who has money in their veins and needs more of it with everything they can get. Ignoring that fact that they will lose something in exchange.

Gosh, we aren't the best examples for "music is art" with our metal. Who are we to decide what it is?

In my opinion, metal is one of the most artistic genres the is. Metal can encompass any and everything, and with some talent and decent execution, can make it sound amazing. Sure there are genres like noise and grindcore, but the point of those are to be loud and harsh and offensive, which is hard to achieve and still hold some semblance to music.

It's lovely what we think but go outside and ask a random person, ask them what they think of metal.

Even though I didn't ask anybody; while I was listening to "The Devil Wears Prada - Number Three Never Forget" WITH my headphones some random "gangster rapper" or skater bumped into me, with a smirk in his face and told me what bullstuff I listen to. "Everybody could do this kind of music, all they do is just scream and never say anything and those guys on the instrument just do something."

Or a situation that happens to me very often: Someone comes to me and asks me why I listen to this/why I am a metalhead. What the hell should I answer to this handicapped question? I usually ask them why they are hip-hoper/rappers or skaters and then they laugh at me and go away.

But to get back from my social life problems to his thread, everything is just a matter of opinions and this generation of today likes this bullstuff named lady gaga, bushido, sido, and what ever their name is.

In my opinion, metal is one of the most artistic genres the is. Metal can encompass any and everything, and with some talent and decent execution, can make it sound amazing. Sure there are genres like noise and grindcore, but the point of those are to be loud and harsh and offensive, which is hard to achieve and still hold some semblance to music.
Metal...All--Encompassing..Most artistic...talent... What is wrong in this picture? Everything. Because, like you said, metal has declined to a state equal to the bottom feeders of ocean bottoms. Never will they be able to re-create such works of pure musical rt like Led Zeppelin or Black Sabbath. Those were quality bands, not this My Chemical Romance and Mettallica horse manure. And... Footnote- Metal is definitely not the most artistic. What about bands like the Beatles? They weren't metal. yet they're one of the most amazing and well-received bands ever.