Author Topic: General Blender help thread  (Read 66150 times)

Is there a way to turn on some kind of 'gird' ? It would help me a lot when trying to make thing blocko or rotating.

Also how do I texure stoff? Will I have to create a colored img file just to paint a model yellow?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:56:35 PM by popman98 »

turn on ortho view and hit the magnet

I think Darkstar should make a simple tutorial on animating stuff such as-
-weapons
-vehicles
-players
Would help a lot.

Why is there no DTS exporter more recent? I really want to use the most recent version of Blender.

Why is there no DTS exporter more recent? I really want to use the most recent version of Blender.
They stopped development on the DTS exporter.
So it's stuck on 2.49 and the source files for the DTS models are gone.

They stopped development on the DTS exporter.
Why? Is DTS no longer commonly used?

Why? Is DTS no longer commonly used?

DTS files are designed to NOT be reverse engineered.
In other words, these files just weren't designed with importing in mind.
There are copyright issues and what not, there was even a topic on the GarageGames forums about making a converter.
It was shot down and never happened.

There's this thing but it hasn't gone anywhere in months: http://sites.google.com/site/abstractind/torque

How do I export to .dts? I can't load my model in the older version of blender.

How do I export to .dts? I can't load my model in the older version of blender.
Sure you can. What kind of an error are you getting?

Sure you can. What kind of an error are you getting?
Not really an error, but it says "You have opened a 250 file, key information will get lost, like animation data. Continue?" I don't know if I would like to continue.

I also don't get anything about the older version. Is there a way to get this .dts exporter into the new one?

Not really an error, but it says "You have opened a 250 file, key information will get lost, like animation data. Continue?" I don't know if I would like to continue.

I also don't get anything about the older version. Is there a way to get this .dts exporter into the new one?
First two paragraphs: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=157886.msg3799804#post_fixing2

Sorry to interrupt you and popman, but I have this odd problem that I couldn't solve using the OP. I have this cylinder that I would like to make a cord, but whenever I select Cloth Mode the mesh disappears. I checked to see if it was hidden and I also checked to see if it was in a different layer, but it was't. Also, when I removed the modifier I could see it again.

If it makes a difference it is pinned at one point.

Sorry to interrupt you and popman, but I have this odd problem that I couldn't solve using the OP. I have this cylinder that I would like to make a cord, but whenever I select Cloth Mode the mesh disappears. I checked to see if it was hidden and I also checked to see if it was in a different layer, but it was't. Also, when I removed the modifier I could see it again.

If it makes a difference it is pinned at one point.
http://blenderartists.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?42-Particles-and-Simulations