Author Topic: My server cannot be joined.  (Read 1100 times)

My hosting worked until today. The server is passworded and none of my friends can join because it gives them the "Connection has timed out" crap. Earlier, I had a server and so did my sister, and every time my friend tried joining it would redirect him to my sister's server. Anyone know whats going on?

My sister just tried joining, it worked. I guess my friend is the only one that can't join. How can he fix it?

Your sister will be able to join if she uses the same connection as you

Your sister will be able to join if she uses the same connection as you
I'll try making a public server tomorrow and see if it works.

Same IP same port, Try using 28000 for your server and  28001 for your sister's server, and see if that works.

Same IP same port, Try using 28000 for your server and  28001 for your sister's server, and see if that works.
I don't know how to port forward because it didn't work. Would it work if my sister's server was down and mine was up?

Would it work if my sister's server was down and mine was up?

I dont think it would.

I don't know how to port forward because it didn't work. Would it work if my sister's server was down and mine was up?
You could try that, but in advanced config, change your servers port to 28000 and your sisters server to port 28001 before bringing up dedicated.bat.

You could try that, but in advanced config, change your servers port to 28000 and your sisters server to port 28001 before bringing up dedicated.bat.
I don't use dedicated.

Oh, try what i said then, without opening a dedi it still works.

Oh, try what i said then, without opening a dedi it still works.
Do I go on my sister's computer, open server options and change the ports?

Asdf no edit. Alright, I'll try.

Go on your sisters computer, change her port to 28001 and your computer, change it to 28000, that might work. if not, I'm not sure.

My hosting worked until today. The server is passworded and none of my friends can join because it gives them the "Connection has timed out" crap. Earlier, I had a server and so did my sister, and every time my friend tried joining it would redirect him to my sister's server. Anyone know whats going on?
Follow this guide on your sister's and your computer. http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm
Make sure you and your sister's private IPs are different.
Go on your sisters computer, change her port to 28001 and your computer, change it to 28000, that might work. if not, I'm not sure.
You have to have a port open for each player on your server. So if his sister wanted to host a 30 player server she would need port 28000 - 28029 and Kobe would need 28030 - 28059.

Follow this guide on your sister's and your computer. http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm
Make sure you and your sister's private IPs are different.You have to have a port open for each player on your server. So if his sister wanted to host a 30 player server she would need port 28000 - 28029 and Kobe would need 28030 - 28059.
We both use UnDp or something