Author Topic: Elevadors? How do you use them?  (Read 945 times)

I downloaded Kalphiters Glass elevadors? I'm wondering how do you get them to work.
thanks

Did you even bother to read the topic?

Unlike the other unhelpful friends, I will help.

First, place an elevator brick. There are 4x4, 8x8, and 16x16 sizes found in the Special catagory of the brick catolog.

Next, after it's spawned, wrench it. Name the brick "Elevator".

Ok? Next, make a button brick (I dont care what it looks like, you can use JVS, or a 1x1.)

Then, where do you want the elevator to go to?

Up a Certain Amount:

If you want the elevator to rise 5 bricks, you would enter this into the button:
Code: [Select]
OnActivate < NamedBrick[Elevator] < ElevatorMove [15]
The reason we put 15 is because it counts it in plates. 3 would be one brick, 9 for 3 bricks etc.

Up to a certain height:[.b]

If you want it to go to a certain height, rather than just a certain amount, first, you need to place a namedbrick at the level you want the elevator to go to. Let's place a 1x1 flat brick inside an example building. Then, lets name it Level2.

Next, wrench the buttonbrick to say this:
OnActivate < NamedBrick[Elevator] < ElevatorGoToBrick[Level2]
You need to type in the brick's name EXACTLY how it is. If you entered a space for the bricks name, it automatically renames the space to a underscore.

Hope I helped!

More Elevator Knowledge!

This is for getting more advanced with elevators.

ElevatorCreate

ElevatorCreate is an output event that works with plate bricks. Lets say we have a 2x3 brick, and we give it this event:
OnActivate < Self < ElevatorCreateIt will spawn a 2x3 elevator brick right where the 2x3 brick is.
If you click the brick again, the old elevator will be deleted to prevent spam. In other words, one elevator per brick.

ElevatorReset

This output event resets the elevator to it's original height. This can be used for immediately sending the elevator brick to it's spawn.

OnElevatorArrive

This is an input event that is activated when the elevator arrives at a brick from ElevatorGoToBrick.
This event only works on the Elevator brick, or another using NamedBrick at the elevator brick.

ElevatorCreate

ElevatorCreate is an output event that works with plate bricks. Lets say we have a 2x3 brick, and we give it this event:
OnActivate < Self < ElevatorCreateIt will spawn a 2x3 elevator brick right where the 2x3 brick is.
If you click the brick again, the old elevator will be deleted to prevent spam. In other words, one elevator per brick.
Hey, i didnt know that, Thanks!

Read the posted topic that has the Add-On.  /facepalm

why did you bump a topic from last year with nothing to add to the discussion of his problem?