Poll

How helpful and instructive do you find my tutorial?

Extremely!
145 (78%)
Fairly
29 (15.6%)
Not Very
6 (3.2%)
Not At All
6 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Ostinyo's Mapping Tutorial  (Read 87206 times)

How do you make a mirror? I've always wondered this.
Probably a plug-in.

I may look it up, if I find the need.

Painting isn't working for me. =(
edit: nevermind I needed to hit alt-L.

If you do not want to have to relight the scene every time you paint, paint inside the green box - signifying the center map tile.

If you do not want to have to relight the scene every time you paint, paint inside the green box - signifying the center map tile.
Oh okay, I will post pictures of my first map pretty soon, all thanks to you. :)

Alright, I'm looking forward to it :)

My first ever map, I call it Attack/Defend because I built it so I could make it a unique Attack/Defend minigame.
By: Weaver123/JesusFish 8/30/2011 Took 4-6 hours to make because I was figuring out different features.

It has four different circular flat areas for building bases, they are all closed in by boundarys, they are also connected with roads.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:39:20 PM by weaver123 »

Do something with the unused areas, nobody likes to state at empty space. Also you should use your own textures.

How do i make water deeper?

Weaver please stop posting your maps in my tutorial's topic. This is not the place to discuss it, unless you are having problems.

Weaver please stop posting your maps in my tutorial's topic. This is not the place to discuss it, unless you are having problems.
Okay.

How to add an ambient light through Torque Constructor?

Ambient lighting? Don't really know myself, haven't messed around with maps at all for a while. Have you gotten any light entities to work for you?