Poll

How helpful and instructive do you find my tutorial?

Extremely!
145 (78%)
Fairly
29 (15.6%)
Not Very
6 (3.2%)
Not At All
6 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Ostinyo's Mapping Tutorial  (Read 87199 times)

WOOT :D It's interior lighting time! Haha thanks for the breakthrough Nasoa, I'll add it to the tutorial later.

I just added a light with a falloff1 of 1000 and a falloff2 of 800, yet in-game my interior did not get lit one bit :\
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:45:53 PM by Wesley Williams »

WOOT :D It's interior lighting time! Haha thanks for the breakthrough Nasoa, I'll add it to the tutorial later.

I just added a light with a falloff1 of 1000 and a falloff2 of 800, yet in-game my interior did not get lit one bit :\
Ha, don't do that. falloff2 needs to be larger that falloff1. I'm going to write a little guide with little tricks, so no need to add it to the tutorial.

Oh? Haha I was just trying to go by what Ghost was saying. Sweet... I can add a link to your "little guide with little tricks" for people using TC. Added an Interior Lighting section... didn't put in pictures but I referenced your guide for more information.

Two light sources can be very messy.

Nasoa, your light entity's falloffs are shaded in in TC while mine are not. Interesting...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 04:55:10 PM by Wesley Williams »

For some reason the Slice tool makes me crash. Is there any other way to get a hemisphere?

For some reason the Slice tool makes me crash. Is there any other way to get a hemisphere?
I believe knife works similarly, but I don't use it as often as slice.

Also, a reinstall may fix the crashing issue.

A reinstall fixed it, thanks.

NWM it worked once. And Knife is doing the same thing.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 04:03:16 PM by Nasoa »

Whenever I get glitches that don't go away I do a complete uninstall then install a fresh copy.

I have never gotten a glitch on TC... Amazingly enough. You're both on 1.03?

Yep, 1.03.  Lost all my texture albums in the process too, whoops.  I just need a hemisphere.

I have never gotten a glitch on TC... Amazingly enough. You're both on 1.03?
ye, 1.0.3 is the same thing right

ye, 1.0.3 is the same thing right

Yes. And gosh that sucks Nasoa, I have so many that I would be furious :P It would take me around an hour to replace all my textures.

Also, spheres never seem to work for me, just like how a tube with too many sides doesn't work either. (some sides become invisible)

Color: Changes the color of sunlight.
Ambient: Changes the color of natural lighting. This can be used to express day, morning, evening, or night.

Color changes the the color and level of lighting in direct sunlight.
Ambient changes the color and level of lighting in the shade and direct sunlight.
This means that:
Shade = Ambient
Direct Sunlight = Ambient + Color

I use clip to to cut stuff.  To cut a hemisphere I think you have to go a bit above, or a bit below the center line.  It always seems to crash if you don't.  Also I suggest not editing spheres too much.  They glitch alot.

I can't even make spheres ;(

I can't even make spheres ;(

Yeaaah, if you make them too big or make them squished or flat at any point in the building process they glitch up.  Its really annoying.