Poll

How helpful and instructive do you find my tutorial?

Extremely!
145 (78%)
Fairly
29 (15.6%)
Not Very
6 (3.2%)
Not At All
6 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Ostinyo's Mapping Tutorial  (Read 87209 times)

Well, I kind of need them for Mos Eisley, from Star Wars. On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know where there are any plugins? I found a site with some, but the download was broken.

Plugins for what?
Constructor. Extruding and Give me Cubes are default ones.

You use those? And I have no clue where to find more... I thought they are pretty pointless.

bump:
how do i add background noises to the map?

You use those? And I have no clue where to find more... I thought they are pretty pointless.
They kind of are. The cool ones like moving platforms don't work with Blockland so they're virtually pointless.

They kind of are. The cool ones like moving platforms don't work with Blockland so they're virtually pointless.

Alright ;)

bump:
how do i add background noises to the map?

Might add a section about that, good idea.
Code: [Select]
   new AudioEmitter() {
      position = "0 0 100";
      rotation = "1 0 0 0";
      scale = "1 1 1";
      useProfileDescription = "0";
      fileName = "./YourFileName.wav";
      type = "2";
      volume = "0.6";
      outsideAmbient = "0";
      referenceDistance = "9500";
      maxDistance = "9500.01";
      isLooping = "1";
      loopCount = "-1";
      minLoopGap = "0";
      maxLoopGap = "0";
      enableVisualFeedback = "1";
      is3D = "1";
      coneInsideAngle = "90";
      coneOutsideAngle = "120";
      coneOutsideVolume = "1";
      coneVector = "0 1 0";

You're going to add something like this. Notice that the file type required for a map sound is a Wave file. Scripts also use the .wav file type.
Got that from Nasoa's Adryna Rock .mis file.

I've seen plugins that would speed up alot of things greatly, most of them are like the Beizer Arch, it makes a formable shape out of primitives. I've seen a spiral staircase, a column, a tube, and a torus, and more I can't remember. But there's a guide on the Torque forums, a PDF I think, that helps scripters make plugins.

Cool, I'd definitely be interested to get my hands on the spiral staircase one, those take me like 5 minutes to make properly.

Bump before death.

Anyone know if it is possible to move the green box? This is annoying me.

I don't think the green box can be moved. :(

Okay this is a rather dumb question and I fear the answer is really quite obvious.. but I got to ask. Is it possible to have more than 6 terrain textures?

If it is and you tell me how I will love you forever.

If not.. I'll still love you :)

One more question, sorry for double post.

From reading around am I right in saying heightmaps no longer work? I can't seem to import one.