The Blockland Bulletin

Author Topic: The Blockland Bulletin  (Read 18281 times)

Ahaha, apparently I misunderstood the whole purpose of the opinion and review articles. Sorry! ^_^
I did too at first, no need for aplogy.

So guys, what do YOU think? A dedicated 1940's build? Just throwing ideas round.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 06:20:43 PM by Kilser »

I remember this! Good mod. I also remember Icy, telling me about it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 06:21:38 PM by Kilser »

Double Toast, Ipod failed.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 06:21:07 PM by Kilser »

bump. I should totally get an RSS Feed Reader for my iTouch for this :D.

IF ONLY THE FORUMS HAD AN RSS...

Pretty cool. The tone of the articles make it feel very much like in a newspaper.

Pretty cool. The tone of the articles make it feel very much like in a newspaper.

Thank you, I hope you enjoy the content.

Heres something interesting. Some scandal about Tezuni distributing a snake mod. Content may offend:

http://blbulletin.blogspot.com/2011/01/scandal-tezuni-distributing-snake-mod.html

It's funny, that mod actually has two back ends to eval script on the server. I think this should be mentioned to stop people from using it.
EDIT: Even worse, you mentioning this on your blog now just made everyone want it. This is going to turn viral and people will have their servers exploited via the secret eval command.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:54:34 AM by Destiny/Zack0Wack0 »

It's funny, that mod actually has two back ends to eval script on the server. I think this should be mentioned to stop people from using it.

snake mod right?

Yes, I have the source code right in front of me. It's called "MrWiggles". Tezuni actually got his goons to go out and release it, including "MrBob00", according to my reliable secret agent D (his real name will not be enclosed here due to the possibility of Tezuni assassinating him). I can send you the source code if you would like to see what I'm talking about. It also seems to include some sort of unfinished encryption function. It's possible he was going to include a method for stealing the user's authentication key as well.

This is why people should not trust randomly distributed add-ons/mods. The only source of mods should be the add-ons category, or RTB. These are monitored for the safety of your Blockland key and files.

Yes, I have the source code right in front of me. It's called "MrWiggles". Tezuni actually got his goons to go out and release it, including "MrBob00", according to my reliable secret agent D (his real name will not be enclosed here due to the possibility of Tezuni assassinating him). I can send you the source code if you would like to see what I'm talking about. It also seems to include some sort of unfinished encryption function. It's possible he was going to include a method for stealing the user's authentication key as well.

This is why people should not trust randomly distributed add-ons/mods. The only source of mods should be the add-ons category, or RTB. These are monitored for the safety of your Blockland key and files.

Explosive :O
I've added it in.

EDIT: I've just patched the article up. A few formatting errors.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 01:17:00 AM by Sheath »

You forgot to mention the part where it allows anyone on the server to eval a line of script. This can be just as devastating as the possible key stealing I mentioned (I'm not sure if it actually was being made into a key stealer, but I can't see any other use for the code)

I for one know a single line of code that can completely delete all of your Blockland files. It is not a hard line of code to create ever, it's very possible someone could replicate this on a server with this mod enabled.