Author Topic: Fake Player?  (Read 1519 times)

Is it at all possible to add a fake player to the player list?  I've done some searching, and so far, I can't find any info.  I'm not talking about clientsided either, I mean a fake player as in, someone joins and sees the player in the player list.

No. Adding fields to the player list is now handled securely due to certain people (Zoneark + Truce and other acquainted) faking that kompressor was hosting a server. Most of the Blockland community was fooled.

Why do you need it anyway?

I was hoping to add a bot to the player list, thus giving it a true fake client.  That way, I could give it commands the same way I would to a player.  Meh, I suppose I don't need it.

I have some old code from like TBM that added ghost players. I don't understand what Zack0 means exactly, but isn't there other ways to do it? With stuff like player handling, there's always a way... Just make sure it isn't used abusively.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:17:35 PM by MegaScientifical »

The only reason for this was to make it seem more realistic if I said "Kandrid ban idiot" and the bot "Kandrid" banned the player.

See if you use the command banBLID, then it doesn't have a sender, it just bans the player.  While it's useable, it would be kinda cool if the ban message was "You have been banned for 10 minutes by Kandrid, reason "HurbDurp"

I suppose it's not needed, and certainly, I wouldn't want to hack my way to it.  But still, it would be kinda neat to have a fake player who was AI controlled.

I see what you mean. That would be epic cause i like fooling newbies by having it say on chat in blue Badspot connected. Make him talk then say Badspot has left the game. But they can't take a joke so they look in player list then rage quit lol. Its pretty funny.

You cannot add things to the player list ever since Truce started making fake "Badspot joined the server" plus bots and chat messages.
You can make a fake connection, but you can not add it to the player list.

I've been experimenting with such things using a second key and computer. The result was a buggy chatbot that didn't work for stuff.

So... you want to ban fake people? That is what I'm getting from all of this...

No, I'm trying to make a chatbot that can do admin stuff and seem like a real person.  But this is besides the point, as I should have locked this a while ago.