Author Topic: Blockland + ROBLOX  (Read 13365 times)

Before you go batstuff insane, saying "ROBOX IZ 4 LOZERZ AND 3 YR ODL OLOLLOL BOCKLEND IS T3H B3TT3R 1337 ELEET", read the loving OP.

ROBLOX pros:
Realtime physics
Lua scripting

ROBLOX cons:
The community
The fail-ass graphics engine that lags like hell
The fail-ass physics engine (when it lags like hell, which is usually)
The community
ROBUX and Tix totally ruin it
The community
Normal, Turbo and OMG Outrageoush!!!1 Builder's Club
Did I mention the community (of asspie five-year-olds)?

Blockland pros:
Fast, speedy graphics and gameplay
Event system
More user-created content than ROBLOX (script-, texture-, sound- and mesh-wise)
Lots of bricks with no lag.

Blockland cons:
No dynamic shadows for bricks via lights, only by the sun (and this doesn't even work for my computer... For some reason it only shows up when I'm a certain distance away, then fades, as I get farther.)
Vehicle physics, quite honestly, suck donkey dong.

If ROBLOX and Blockland were to come together, somehow, we would have a piece of epic on our hands.
Think of it, Blockland as it looks now but with physics on bricks, not when destroyed, but all the time (or when selected? $fxDTSbrick.Anchored or .CanMove or .PhysicsEnabled or something?). And we could attach wheels to the physics bricks and ride around in brick cars and stuff. And if you hit a wall, events in the bricks (or, take on the ROBLOX system and parent it to the bricks in a "group" sort of thing [doesn't Torque support that already?]) makes the bricks break apart. Maybe, the game could support Torque script and Lua script (Lua is fairly easy to implement) to manipulate bricks and stuff. This would, in my opinion, be one of the best games of my time.

P.S., I play ROBLOX AND Blockland, religiously.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 08:28:36 AM by DarkShadow6 »

Oh,its this thread again.

P.S., I play ROBLOX AND Blockland, religiously.
How do you play a game religiously?

Oh,its this thread again.
Actually, no. I'm not flaming Game A because Game B is better. I'm just voicing my ideas.
How do you play a game religiously?
Is playing a game 12 hours every day considered religious?

EDIT: No, actually... I'm probably just wasting time. I should be doing schoolwork right now.

Blockland cons:
Vehicle physics, quite honestly, suck donkey dong.
I see nothing wrong about the vehicle physics. Explain.

I see nothing wrong about the vehicle physics. Explain.
Vehicles can go through bricks at high speeds.
I have witnessed vehicles going through players/other vehicles.
Vehicles seem unrealistic, in the way that they bounce around. I.E., flip a jeep over and it bounces around like a beach ball. Oh, then it flips itself over.

EDIT: I know someone is going to pull the "it's a videogame based on building bricks, it's not supposed to be real" card out of their ass.

Vehicles seem unrealistic, in the way that they bounce around. I.E., flip a jeep over and it bounces around like a beach ball. Oh, then it flips itself over.

EDIT: I know someone is going to pull the "it's a videogame based on building bricks, it's not supposed to be real" card out of their ass.

@The Edit: They shouldn't.

@Rest: Going through bricks is an engine problem. Don't put the blame on the specific game. Moving through objects is a sign of a slowed response time.

Edit:

-snip-

Roblox is way worse in those ways.I have witnessed a player back into another player slowly and all of a sudden the player that was hit was floating in the air flipping.

Also,they probably had rampaging vehicles add-on.

BREAKING NEWS: Christians believe that playing a game for extended periods of time is a sin.

BREAKING NEWS: Christians believe that playing a game for extended periods of time is a sin.
Lies.

@The Edit: They shouldn't.

@Rest: Going through bricks is an engine problem. Don't put the blame on the specific game. Moving through objects is a sign of a slowed response time.
Engine problem? I've never noticed any other physics problems in any of the other Torque-made games I've seen.
...Unless, are the Blockland physics Torque-made or did Baddy make them?

Roblox is way wors ein those.I have witnessed a player back into another player slowly and all of a sudden the player that was hit was floating in the air flipping.

Also,they probably had rampaging vehicles add-on.
Yeah, one of the problems with ROBLOX's physics are the Humanoids. They break the laws of ROBLOX physics.
Btw. I have the Rampaging Vehicles addon. I likes it.

I'm a Christian.
(Note: I'm, however, NOT a Christcigarette that will baww to the ends of the earth to prove my point about my religion.)

Lies.
This.

...I think I may have quieted the trolls...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 01:33:30 PM by DarkShadow6 »

The physics in ROBLOX would probably be better if all games weren't hosted by one website, better connection for many people.

Only if you worship it.

I personally think that Roblox/Blockland topics should just be kept out of the Off Topic section.

If you're saying one is better than the other, you'll just get insulted and it's a negative for everyone.
If you're trying to stop a "War", then you're actually only increasing the idea that there is a "war".
If you're simply trying to state an opinion on the games, even with considerable backup towards your opinions, you'll just end up with people again, insulting you.

It's not really worth it to even mention the games together.

Since this is here, though, I might as well voice my simple opinions.

I don't like the look of Roblox.
I'm not going to play a game I don't like the look of.
If any of the graphics seem crappy, or the modelling, then it's not for me. Unfortuantely, I found Roblox appeared that way to me.
I like how Blockland works and looks.
I don't know how Roblox works, but I don't like it's looks.

And there's no point saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover", because even if I do find the game is ok, I'm not going to play it because the images of it just make me cringe.

It's a game designers job to make me think the game looks good before I play it. You can't advertise with "It looks really terrible, but maybe if you give it a try, it will work out?"

/myopinion