Author Topic: Client-Sided Textures?  (Read 989 times)

I searched for programs that can open .db , bettween them I found Adobe (costs pretty much), and some others that yet again costed (Microsoft Access), and I found one which had 4 files I didn't knew what to do with them.

Badspot

• Administrator
When you join a server you use the version of the file that the server is using.

The download options only affect what you download from the server you are connecting to.  The game will always attempt to download all types of files from the CDN first. 

Editing the cache database file is a recipe for disaster and will almost certainly end with the game not working.  If people start doing this I will just encrypt the file, so lets not waste huge amounts of time doing that.

CDN?
No need to explain that actually...

What I understand from Badspot's words is that I am unable to make custom textures (and so on) usable on other servers.

Thus, this question was answered, there's no way to do what I want...
Yet, I hope.

Eh, it's too bad I can't use Squideey's textures in all servers anymore.

Eh, it's too bad I can't use Squideey's textures in all servers anymore.
Those textures are in the UI and are completely client-sided.

Nein.

I also see the default custom studs in server.

Nein.

I also see the default custom studs in server.
That's weird, but probably because it's an add-on. Default brick side textures should not be an add-on. But maybe I know nothing.

They used to be, but the newer content downloading system uses the server's.
Which is quite cool, since the host can force certain textures for certain mods etc.

They used to be, but the newer content downloading system uses the server's.
Which is quite cool, since the host can force certain textures for certain mods etc.

He should be able to add lines in some scripts/parts like base/server/downloads.txt where he notes directories with .zip / .png / [extension] ; where clients are forced to use the files. Not force everyone to download what they don't want or don't need. If the host didn't get Squid's and it's a dark map I don't have to suffer the same, I can just take Squid's and go there and play nicely. Not be forced to use his defaults...

I didn't formulate that right, but I hope you know what I mean.

Mmm, so I guess there's no fix for this?