Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3634585 times)

How do you guys get such nice line art? Whenever I try to draw things I get such messy line art even when I try and redo the lines.
try getting used to drawing strokes really super fast. if you draw them slowly, you have a higher chance of your finger slipping and ruining the line, so just try to get the line over with as fast as possible

How do you guys get such nice line art? Whenever I try to draw things I get such messy line art even when I try and redo the lines.

People ask how I get smooth lines in Photoshop a lot (because their line interpolation/smoothing is absolute trash). It's a combination of a LazyNezumi, which fixes some Photoshop problems, and practicing fast/accurate strokes.

I also use a technique I like to call "line sculpting" (that I primarily use in sketching, but I'm trying it in line work in tandem with other things), which means that I use large strokes and cut down, using the eraser, on extraneous parts and shape the line into the direction and shape I want it in.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:21:36 PM by ShadowsfeaR »

by stroking your lines with one smooth stroke and turning the canvas when you need to make difficult strokes.

Turning the canvas when you need to make difficult strokes.

Definitely this. Rotating the canvas can save you a lot of pain.

my line art sucks too dont worry

MART

a product made by a rival company to counter MAXX and almost succeeded until the planet straight up got destroyed of course. Mostly known for its stuff AI and destructive solution to dealing with conflicts, it made better sales off planet in the hands of warlords and space pirates. It can beat a MAXX unit in a contest of brute force with little tactics but can fall to MAXX's more clever AI. The MART possesses multiple hardpoints for various weapons of heavy caliber and even has a "flight" mode, but most would consider that to be an anvil with a firework attached to it.

try getting used to drawing strokes really super fast. if you draw them slowly, you have a higher chance of your finger slipping and ruining the line, so just try to get the line over with as fast as possible

it also helps that the tree drawing is composed mostly of short strokes

i'd say the most difficult part of it is the top of the round stand, because it's a circle

[im g]http://i.imgur.com/pq5KlxR.png[/img]
MART

a product made by a rival company to counter MAXX and almost succeeded until the planet straight up got destroyed of course. Mostly known for its stuff AI and destructive solution to dealing with conflicts, it made better sales off planet in the hands of warlords and space pirates. It can beat a MAXX unit in a contest of brute force with little tactics but can fall to MAXX's more clever AI. The MART possesses multiple hardpoints for various weapons of heavy caliber and even has a "flight" mode, but most would consider that to be an anvil with a firework attached to it.

next up: MATR, MATX, MAXT, MARX (space communist), MAXR, MATTT, ...

I didn't know maxx was a space robot

Double post whoops

http://puu.sh/m4RfJ/f930e6e59b.jpg

If this is too risque please let me know but I was feeling kinda gay today

Ive posted open tits and I was fine. Granted they were stuffty tits. But still.

next up: MATR, MATX, MAXT, MARX (space communist), MAXR, MATTT, ...
it's more likely that she's already done that than you think

I didn't know maxx was a space robot
I mean Maxx was a robot i made before that user made a name for himself. I assure you it has nothing to do with him.

I mean Maxx was a robot i made before that user made a name for himself. I assure you it has nothing to do with him.
did not know that

Do you guys know any drawing tablets that are under a 100$? i'm looking to get one this christmas.
Also, does being left handed matter when working with those things, because on my 3DS whenever i try to draw something it's always a few feet away from where the stylus is and that gets annoying fast