Drawings Megathread

Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3587207 times)

I need help guys, how do you deal with people attempting to hijack your art? Like, for example, Ill send someone a drawing of a person and they will keep going "make the shirt red instead of blue" or "make the eyes brown instead of green".
tell them to go forget themselves. i'm going to hijack your topic now:

i think i melted my tablet pen. i sprayed it with isopropyl alcohol and then put it in the pen holder and the alcohol didn't evaporate and now the outer coating of the pen has melted where it was contacting the plastic of the pen holder. the nib-side of the pen doesn't work anymore, even after replacing the nib. the eraser end works perfectly fine though. here is an awful blurry picture of the MELTED PEN: http://i.imgur.com/wTfIhEC.jpg

what are the chances that my stupid ass has irreversibly damaged the pen, and that i'll have to get a replacement?

here's a stuffty mouse-drawn picture that represents my current emotional state, since this is the drawing thread:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 01:37:10 PM by foulprairiedog »

Well, at least it's not the entire tablet.

Well, at least it's not the entire tablet.
the pen is the expensive part though

I need help guys, how do you deal with people attempting to hijack your art? Like, for example, Ill send someone a drawing of a person and they will keep going "make the shirt red instead of blue" or "make the eyes brown instead of green".
One time I showed a girl some music I made and she told me to add drums. I don't own a loving drum set.
The key is to simply filter out the useless critiques and recognize the legit ones. If someone has nothing of value to offer just ignore em and find somebody with something useful to say.

I am starting draw a lot more.

One time I showed a girl some music I made and she told me to add drums. I don't own a loving drum set.
The key is to simply filter out the useless critiques and recognize the legit ones. If someone has nothing of value to offer just ignore em and find somebody with something useful to say.

There are plenty of options to add drums into music, and often free or very cheap. I'd say take all criticism with some form of merit. I'm sure your song WOULD sound much better with drums. I don't have a kit either, but I have a virtual kit that sounds just as good as real performances. It's all about your commitment to become better as an artist.

That said, in context to the original quote, those aren't criticisms.

There are plenty of options to add drums into music, and often free or very cheap. I'd say take all criticism with some form of merit. I'm sure your song WOULD sound much better with drums. I don't have a kit either, but I have a virtual kit that sounds just as good as real performances. It's all about your commitment to become better as an artist.

That said, in context to the original quote, those aren't criticisms.
It was an ambient track, percussion had no place in it.
I have since written music with percussion and was very pleased with the outcome. The point is she fundamentally misunderstood what I was trying to do.

"Here's something I made, wanna listen?" isn't conveying what you're trying to do. If you don't implicitly state your goal and what you're doing, people are going to superimpose their own ideas if you ask how they like it. If you ever say "it's not done yet", you should expect someone doing this.

Ok? You're not wrong but that doesn't make her advice any less useless, lol. I didn't think I would need to explain in detail my goals for a track, I figured the reverb and synth pads and complete lack of rhythm communicated "ambient" well enough.