Drawings Megathread

Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3583133 times)

welcome to the art game

ive been getting lucky with discords. none of that creationism corner stuff either
i did this strat with music discords: google big discords, like discords from popular subreddits, then in there, ask around for discord servers.
youll end up with an invite to discord channels that are big, but not too big, and the community in there is a whole lot friendlier too

or just stay on twitter and observe how every artist has a clique except for you (most realistic scenario 😞)
that sounds... incredibly desperate not going to lie

ive just never been fond of 500+ user discords
but im not going to deny being desperate? none of my friends are into music or art, you can imagine its pretty lame if you cant talk about your passion without people rolling eyes

What the hell? No, that's active connection making. You can get lucky with art and gain an audience or you can forgetin work for it, and that's working for it.

ive just never been fond of 500+ user discords
but im not going to deny being desperate? none of my friends are into music or art, you can imagine its pretty lame if you cant talk about your passion without people rolling eyes
don't you go to a school for art or somethin wth. Also most people seem to like seeing the results over talking about the process so I can what you mean.
What the hell? No, that's active connection making. You can get lucky with art and gain an audience or you can forgetin work for it, and that's working for it.
I can't see how you can "get lucky" in something like art.

don't you go to a school for art or somethin wth.
i do but most ppl from my art class dont really talk outside of school and if they do its literally never about art haha
also my class is split between 2d and 3d artist and theres only about 4 2D artists including me
its just complicated tbh

i meant get lucky with someone inviting you to a discord btw, not getting lucky with art (which is still a thing regardless but wholely off topic)

sorry dude, I didn't know it was that bad.

I can't see how you can "get lucky" in something like art.

Plenty of ways. Right people seeing the right thing at the right time. Plenty of people that get lucky in the art world all the time. It doesn't mean they aren't skilled, they just got really fortunate opportunities that boosted their audience.

sorry dude, I didn't know it was that bad.
ur making it sound way more srs than it is haha

At least I know that other people are having the same problem as me, I'll try doing that right now.

jeez, I realize I should post more outside of this thread instead of just lurking around, especially considering my recent post history

(in response to a pm)i'm the wrong guy to invite to any discord considering i'm not very social

For some reason, you've made me want to look at your posts.

For some reason, you've made me want to look at your posts.
Nothing much, really; I've just posted in here a lot (usually with my own art) & don't really post elsewhere; I guess I just don't really have much to say???

another piece brought to you by Paint3d™