Drawings Megathread

Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3482214 times)

feelin cute might delete later
btw i think i need to improve the design of my whole entire body i look dum
also how do i draw better help
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 05:59:08 AM by keaton »

feelin cute might delete later
btw i think i need to improve the design of my whole entire body i look dum
also how do i draw better help
Two tips:
Draw more and use models
Drawing more makes you better, just how studying more makes u smarter

Using models when drawing makes drawing that thing easier. Using a picture of something as a model for drawing always helps.

Two tips:
Draw more and use models

Using models when drawing makes drawing that thing easier. Using a picture of something as a model for drawing always helps.
to add onto this, drawing from models means the real thing. not very reliable to use someone else's interpretation of an object when you can sample right from an object. its just like primary source and secondary source in history: the secondary source gives their take on a primary source, and so should you

looking at how said things work (anatomy for living, mechanical design and structure for nonliving, even how nonorganic natural things get their shapes) is very helpful. even researching the science behind something is at least a little beneficial

and despite how school seems to teach, its perfectly ok to take your time on art. put effort into everything in the piece and dont cut corners

the elements of art and principles of design are actually more important than you might think, so doing some digging about those will compliment everything else you master

wip

spoilers for detective pikachu ahead warning dont zoom in unless you watched it
is that the scene where detective pikachu dies then gains his memories?

to add onto this, drawing from models means the real thing. not very reliable to use someone else's interpretation of an object when you can sample right from an object. its just like primary source and secondary source in history: the secondary source gives their take on a primary source, and so should you

looking at how said things work (anatomy for living, mechanical design and structure for nonliving, even how nonorganic natural things get their shapes) is very helpful. even researching the science behind something is at least a little beneficial

and despite how school seems to teach, its perfectly ok to take your time on art. put effort into everything in the piece and dont cut corners

the elements of art and principles of design are actually more important than you might think, so doing some digging about those will compliment everything else you master
Two tips:
Draw more and use models

oh and yeah i really appreciate this :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 03:09:44 AM by keaton »

im scared why does he want me to sit down

oh that's dope, those clothes in particular are lookin awesome

edit: o i guess i'll post this
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 09:15:33 PM by otto-san »

Still alive, I decided to do something completely different and drew this.

Character you're seeing is my Tetris Friend Avatar which looks like this:

Also the Top right one is usually normal for me. Only happens when I go up against someone higher in levels than and/or get screwed over during a game session against other players.

fades back into obscurity again

drew my lil virtual man today