Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3640067 times)

bored pen doodle during homework

This is one of the 3 pictures i applied to an artschool with. However, this isn't the final version. In the final version I've blacked the plane a bit more, rounded up the moon a bit more, made the clouds better, fixed that one white cloud between the plane and the moon that looks like a knob and fixed the shadow in the bottom right of the lighthouse, which all ended up with the picture looking really terrific.

Would you kindly guess what this is based on?

I love how the shadows on that tower gives it a 3d effect, great job man

I love how the shadows on that tower gives it a 3d effect

Most of the lineart + some flat color.

I still don't know how to make lines not look all splotchy.

What do you mean? If you are thinking what I'm thinking, you might be using a brush that is semi-transparent and when it overlaps it leads to some of the lines being darker than the others.

This is one of the 3 pictures i applied to an artschool with. However, this isn't the final version. In the final version I've blacked the plane a bit more, rounded up the moon a bit more, made the clouds better, fixed that one white cloud between the plane and the moon that looks like a knob and fixed the shadow in the bottom right of the lighthouse, which all ended up with the picture looking really terrific.

Would you kindly guess what this is based on?
there should be a LOT more contrast and definition on such an important piece like this, I can barely even tell what's going on

it might just be the photo but it looks very flat and poorly filled in

the composition is fine but the rendering needs work, I hope your final version of this is as good as you say it is

Most of the lineart + some flat color.

You might want to try the hard pencil tool, Pecon. See if you like it better. What program are you using?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:14:36 PM by takato14 »

You might want to try the hard pencil tool, Pecon. See if you like it better. What program are you using?
Photoshop. I'd use a program more geared towards art if I was allowed to, but we're only allowed to use Photoshop in my Digital Art class. I don't really know what kind of benefits I could get from other programs, though.

Photoshop. I'd use a program more geared towards art if I was allowed to, but we're only allowed to use Photoshop in my Digital Art class. I don't really know what kind of benefits I could get from other programs, though.
i use photoshop cs6 and i find it much better than paint tool sai

as for the splotchy colouring, you need a steady hand. large, relatively straight lines are not the strong point of the brush tool, and there are tools to make lines. it's rather hard to get the hang of, though.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 04:57:35 PM by PowerDag »

I DID ONE PAW RIGGHT AND THE REST LOOK BAD AGDBDBDGSHSJRH

its so DARK and your lines are pretty EDGEy

sorry I'm insecure about my drawing so I darken it

sorry I'm insecure about my drawing so I darken it
lighten it. Do it. Do it now.

photoshop is the best program when you're going off of features alone

use the pencil tool, its not blurry.

actually pecon, right click in the drawing window to pull up the brush panel, then set the hardness slider to 100%

completely loving forgot about it because I use a custom brush that only works with specific settings
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:11:46 PM by takato14 »