Author Topic: Drawings Megathread  (Read 3590602 times)

i mean look at the corner of the wall
its in the exact same place on all three slides

i mean look at the corner of the wall
its in the exact same place on all three slides
the second frame between the original and what espio posted is just espio's version at 50% opacity over the original

wait hold on maybe i jumped the gun by saying espio drew this from reference

where was the paper located, espio? was it on top of the monitor so the image shined through the paper, or was it in front of you on the desk and you were looking at the image on the screen. either way i'm not judgin
It was on my keyboard on a board so I had a flat surface with the image fullscreened on my laptop screen.
As I stated before, tracing isnt going to improve my drawing by a bit.

It was on my keyboard on a board so I had a flat surface with the image fullscreened on my laptop screen.
As I stated before, tracing isnt going to improve my drawing by a bit.
aight then, i can believe it.

ive done a lot of art over the summer but i dont feel like posting it so this is all you're gonna get, starfish

yeah its traced from one of these frames

Where the forget did that extra magazine come from

where did life come from

she obv regurgitated it

haven't you seen black lagoon that's her main power she regurgitates guns

she obv regurgitated it

haven't you seen black lagoon that's her main power she regurgitates guns
considering it's anime I'll take your word on it

he used it as a reference.

if you're gonna get on his case for drawing from reference, please retroactively get mad at every other artists here lol

au contraire, i say copying poses from good art is a great way to learn, you can't just get hooked on that style and become a copycat.
I disagree, but not completely. Copying is okay if you're trying to get certain aspects from a drawing style like linework and all that but it doesn't really help anything that's foundational from my perspective.

I reference but draw them in at least slightly different poses as to get a good personal interpretation
that frame especially, cus it focuses on foreshortening, which is one of the most mind-forgety art techniques to get down. 90% of the foreshortening i draw is from reference, i've barely got it down yet.
I suppose that is right. I learn things as I go so I couldn't tell you how I would learn it.
Im currently trying to draw over things to learn the anatomy of faces, pencil thickness, etc...
Than go to freestyle drawing or whatever its called.
Facial anatomy is a lot better and more rewarding to learn by using a method rather than copying another character.
 I suggest watching Reiq or Sycra tutorials if you want a really cool and stylized tutorial.

Freestyling isn't the only alternative either. You could reference and still have a product if you got your anatomy proportions down.
But don't take anything I say as more than just subjective reasoning because you're entitled to learn however you feel. I know I still have a stuff ton of stuff to learn.