Author Topic: An Anti Water Brick  (Read 1647 times)

Somone needs to make an anti water brick, that will create a pocket of NotWater in the space the player puts the brick in.

So if you want to make a submarine that you do not have to swim around in, it can be done.

Good idea. You fill an underwater creation with anti water bricks, and water is removed in those areas.

/support

It's annoying to have to be inside a vehicle to build underwater.

Good idea...

Not possible, 'm afraid.

Cause the water is a big block.

You can't just magically cut through it.

I'm pretty sure thats not possible because the water is all one object
damnit you beat me by 30 seconds

Good idea...

Not possible, 'm afraid.

Cause the water is a big block.

You can't just magically cut through it.

You can create physical zones in both the air and the water.  Heck, you can even place water inside water in blockland.  Water is a big physical block in the same way as the mission is, and multiple gravity/physical zones are possible.

Edit: Oh, and i wasnt talking about cutting the water. I mean creating a pocket of NotWater.

You can create physical zones in both the air and the water.  Heck, you can even place water inside water in blockland.  Water is a big physical block in the same way as the mission is, and multiple gravity/physical zones are possible.

Edit: Oh, and i wasnt talking about cutting the water. I mean creating a pocket of NotWater.

Torque doesn't work in actual movement and pressures and liquids. It simulates it. As he said, water is a big block that simulates water. You can't change physics in it the way you want to perfection.

If you're using brick water you can always break the water and then build carefully so the walls go to the edges of the water and it's still realistic
But this is still a good idea.

Torque doesn't work in actual movement and pressures and liquids. It simulates it. As he said, water is a big block that simulates water. You can't change physics in it the way you want to perfection.

True, but it is possible to override physical zones in blockland.  I'm going to do some zoning tests to see how well these work.

True, but it is possible to override physical zones in blockland.  I'm going to do some zoning tests to see how well these work.

Within the waters zone, it forces crouched and blue overlay.

Within the waters zone, it forces crouched and blue overlay.

Oh, I see.  That means rewrites for some functions, such as an extra test while the player is in water testing for the zone they are in to be NotWater, in which case it does not parent to the regular function for being in water.

Oh, I see.  That means rewrites for some functions, such as an extra test while the player is in water testing for the zone they are in to be NotWater, in which case it does not parent to the regular function for being in water.

That's engine stuff. You can't fix it without being hacky.

bump because I can

It doesnt need to be engine stuff.  It would be a package that will parent to the regular player in water function if the player isnt in a bubble.

Need more opinions here.

hmmm how about a player that isnt effected by water...?

hmmm how about a player that isnt effected by water...?

That's a good one.  I think that playertype would need to be immune to all physical zone changes then, and have one default gravity/physics applied to it always.