Will someone make EW for retail?

Author Topic: Will someone make EW for retail?  (Read 8386 times)

I like the EW. I think it's great. With the EW, your building holds no limitations, and you can just let your imagination run wild and create anything you could ever imagine.

The building may not be as challenging/fun, however the "role-play" experience you can get after you've created your build, is far superior to that of a build limited to Lego.

âstrô

limited to lego, lol.
you know, some people use angled building in their lego creations,
try that in 'limited' blockland, haha.
and anyone who goes "no ew, i want build in lego style!!" is just pretty dum',
its perfectly possible to use ew and maintain a true blocky style.you dont have to stretch the bricks ...

and i guess ew wont be in retail due to engine limitations, at least not the ew we know.

THIS IS A LEGO GAME FOR A REASON

i lol @ this thread
dude
its been argued a thousand times that ew will not make it
so you dguys dont need to keep repeating yourselves
you dont really have much to argue against
and @ ratperson; ... huh... i seem incapable of makign a jerky remark... OSHT IM BECOMMING TO NICE!!!!!!

Nothing is impossible :cookieMonster:

i like editor wand. and another thing scaling bricks is somthing you need because it reduces lag i know that for a fact. you can build biger stuff with scaled bricks and have less lag and thats what we need because not very many people have godd computers that can handle thousands of bricks on the screen at once i know that for a fact because my parents computer is like that my little brothers can barly join any servers because the computer just crashes with lag. and by the way all you guys saying that its not posible to stretch a real lego brick just go buy some real legos instead of being handicapped andf spoiling this game. this is a computer game there should be no limits if this game was exactly like building with real lego bricks then people might as well just go buy real legos.

BBC has built in institutional biases.  For instance, on their website for a while after every time they said Mohammed's name they wrote "(PBUH)" after it, for "Peace Be Upon Him".  I can't trust a news source that treats certain topics, like religion, with kid gloves.

Now, with regard to the EW, I hear the following complaints:

1.  "The blocks in Blockland Retail can't be hacked!"

Answer:  That's an issue on Badspot's end.  If he doesn't want to put in an EW, that's fine and dandy, but he should remove any blocks to a modder putting one in - if there's a tradeoff with performance, then that should be a toggle that's up to the modder to decide.

2.  "I don't like people using Blockland as a 3D Modeller!"

Answer:  Why should I care what you like?

3.  "Use your imagination!"

Answer:  Again, why should I?  If you don't like my 'lack of imagination', play on a different server than me.

4.  "There's no skill involved in EW!"

Answer:  Why should I care about whether my creations display skill or not?

5.  "It'll mess up our rating system!"

Answer:  If you don't want to rate something that uses EW, then don't.  That's your problem, not mine.

The fact they said Mohammed(pbuh) is just respect for religion, I do it whenever I mention his name. It is rude not to.

WHICH Mohammed... there are only a few thousand of them... or more...

BBC has built in institutional biases.  For instance, on their website for a while after every time they said Mohammed's name they wrote "(PBUH)" after it, for "Peace Be Upon Him".  I can't trust a news source that treats certain topics, like religion, with kid gloves.

Answer:  That's an issue on Badspot's end.  If he doesn't want to put in an EW, that's fine and dandy, but he should remove any blocks to a modder putting one in - if there's a tradeoff with performance, then that should be a toggle that's up to the modder to decide.

Answer:  Again, why should I?  If you don't like my 'lack of imagination', play on a different server than me.

Answer:  If you don't want to rate something that uses EW, then don't.  That's your problem, not mine.

The fact they said Mohammed(pbuh) is just respect for religion, I do it whenever I mention his name. It is rude not to.

Why should it be rude to say Mohammed without the peace crap. I'm in America, I don't give a crap about sayiing pbuh after saying Mohammed.

i like editor wand. and another thing scaling bricks is somthing you need because it reduces lag i know that for a fact.

you dumb noob. the whole point of the new brick system is to not HAVE that lag.
it would take 1-2k bricks to lag with wand use on 0002.

now at least "I" can get over 150k bricks on screen and not see lag, im still yet to see my limit.
if we went back to how the bricks were to be able to be wanded again. the lag would come back.

Why should it be rude to say Mohammed without the peace crap. I'm in America, I don't give a crap about sayiing pbuh after saying Mohammed.

Well then when terrorists raid yourself, don't scream.

this is a computer game there should be no limits if this game was exactly like building with real lego bricks then people might as well just go buy real legos.
Why play any game, they all have limitations.

Also, $20 compared to $2000 to have the bricks to build the things you can in Blockland.