Author Topic: Running TV Program and Blockland causes Display Driver Crash?  (Read 1006 times)

This is an odd error, and I have never seen other people complain about issues like this; however it has been bugging me for a long time and I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the issue.

Problem
Display driver crash, causing Blockland screen to be frozen black and not respond.

Conditions
Have a TV program (I have used ProgDVB, Windows Media Centre etc.) running and tuned
Have Blockland running

Side notes
This is not a particularly new problem, I have been playing since v8 and for as long as I have been trying to run TV and Blockland at the same time it has happened; it used to cause BSODs.
My TV tuner card has had some issues, and now every time I plug an aerial in, it BSODs, for this reason I am now using a USB tuner and will be removing the TV card from my desktop at some point - this may be the problem, however I somewhat doubt it.
Have tried fresh install of Blockland if that is any help, however I would assume that Add-ons don't really effect the way BL would interact with my Display Card.
I notice horizontal flickering before the display driver crashes.
My display drivers are up-to-date and I have had many versions of drivers in the times that I have had this issue.

System Specs
Plenty of storage space (2TB)
4GB DDR2 RAM
Windows Vista Home x64
Nvidia 9800GT (1024mb dedi g-card)
Intel Quad 2.4ghz processor
I can get the info about the TV card/tuner if that will help.

Thanks for your time =]

Wasn't Windows Vista common for these types of crashes?

Quite possibly; the thing is I can throw blame around to different things, but I would like to know a definitive answer. I can run both programs separately with no issue just having both going seems to cause issues.

I have a feeling it may be to do with them trying to use the same thing to make their picture or something, however I won't even pretend to know the first thing about things like that.

I might try running Blockland and the Internet TV on the old Windows Vista I used to use, I dont think we will get a direct solution, but if Windows Vista crashes, we know it might be Windows Vista itself.

Try an upgrade to Windows 7(64-bit/x64 version).

i have windows 7 and i get the same problem, graphics driver crashing, although i'm not running any movie/tv/whatever programs, besides the forums and stuff
it even happens with only BL running

Odd, I do occasionally get it without TV program... but it's like guaranteed to happen within like 5 mins of running both together :/

What gcard do you have, as a matter of interest?

forgot how to find out, dxdiag?
then go to display?

Yeah, under Name will be it - If not you can usually find it under device manager on "display adapters".

this?
forgot about attatching until just now, i was uploading stuff to tinypic :D
then got lazy and attatched

Wow, not even the same manufacturer :/ there lies a dead-end idea =[

bummer, maybe it's from some other drivers causing the display one to crash?