Author Topic: How can I convince my dad to get me a $350 computer?  (Read 1555 times)

If your budget is only $350 then you may as well get a PS3. At least you'll be able to play something.
Jesus the graphics card I ordered last night cost nearly as much as that.

I had a ~250$ acer notebook that could play Blockland.
Albeit it had a tiny screen, and low settings were used.
It was mostly for checking email and writing documents and such though.

My laptop was like 200 and it can play New Vegas pretty well as long as many other games.

My laptop was $3.000 and it's perfect :D

My desktop cost like $3,000 or something. I don't really know  :cookieMonster:

can a $350 computer even play a game?

Yeah. My $300 laptop can play Gmod great.
And Crysis on the lowest possible settings with about 15 FPS.

Champions online wouldn't be able to play on any $350 computer. It's also expensive to maintain the membership. I would go for the PS3 %100.

My laptop was like 200 and it can play New Vegas pretty well as long as many other games.

I highly doubt that. Playing everything on minimum with your definition set at 800x600 is not great. You also cannot get a new laptop for $200 unless it's a netbook.

You're a spoiled little brat. Tell you what kid, life is going to be extremely hard for you when you grow up if you stick with that mentality.

with about 15 FPS.
How is it possible to play a shooter with that fps?

How is it possible to play a shooter with that fps?
its insanely easier to do that with 15 fps
unless its 9 fps, its pretty easy

*Shudders*

It's got a celeron in it.
I have a 300 dollar laptop and I have an Athlon.  :cookieMonster:

Hold F3 until you are at depths 10 through 16. Make a stripmine. Find diamond. Give it to your dad.

A 195$ one can. This one I've been using for a few years now and comes with 3GB ram, 2.30 Ghz and I can run some games without much lag.

Anyone who actually wants a gaming computer should just save up a thousand or two.
Yeah suuuuure.

That's netbook price. You must have bought it on black friday. It isn't blackfriday therefore your advice is useless.