Author Topic: VH's techno stuff  (Read 1530 times)

Yeah so I've been getting into electronic music lately and have decided to try my hand at it. I will post everything I make here.
Right now I only have a 2 minute song I did to test out FL Studio and it's not very good but, hey, it's my first song and I think it's at least somewhat decent.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10204526

The song was actually okay. The first thirty seconds were a bit shaky but after that it was quite good.

Not bad for a first.
Beginning of it could use work.

Great for a first song, i can't get my head around the features of FL studio :c

Thanks guys.

The first thirty seconds were a bit shaky but after that it was quite good.

Beginning of it could use work.

Elaborate? I don't want to make the same mistake(s) with future songs.

Thanks guys.

Elaborate? I don't want to make the same mistake(s) with future songs.

It's hard to put a finger on. The loops sound nice, just they way they are put together, to me at least, sounds off. Almost like at points there are too many sounds converging.

It's hard to put a finger on. The loops sound nice, just they way they are put together, to me at least, sounds off. Almost like at points there are too many sounds converging.

I think I get what you're saying. Now that you mention it the arpeggio really doesn't sound too great under the other synths.

EDIT: I also just realized the bell sounds at the end of the break in the middle are way too loud.

Bump because I missed this thread.
I really like it lol. :] That arp you used from sytrus sounds very nice.
VH, want some help or something? Like, I could provide you with better samples and stuff. I think I have you added on MSN already, if not, and if you want to add me, PM me okay?

FL is awesome, but you need to make sure to download all the little extra sounds for techno. It really adds to it.

Around a minute in it started sounding like San Francisco Rush 2049, which I appreciate.

It's not really my type of music, so I don't really know what's good, but it sounded really scratchy.