Author Topic: Improved Shadow Quality  (Read 5517 times)

I'm a bit disappointed with the minifig shadow rendering.  Is there a setting I can input to the console to make the shadows better?  I have all my settings at the max in video/advanced options, with vertex lighting disabled, and the shadows still look like ice cream.  While taking a screenshot, the shadows look like less crappy ice cream.

Note: The attached image was taken using print screen, not using an in-game screenshot.

The model has to be bigger for a better shadow... I think

No... There's something in the screenshot script that ups the shadow detail, Then lowers it again. :3

yes i agree. ive got all game settings cranked up.
and my video card settings are at x16 AA
game is in 1440x900 fullscreen

but the shadows look like that regardless. even though everything else looks very smooth and pretty.
its out of place
fix plz

b-f-d its a shadow. does it matter what it looks like

someone already complained that the bricks overlaped even tho you have to zoom in to notice it but its for a good reason (i forgot it had something to do with special effects)
wait, is there shadows for bricks?
and idk if anyone else noticed but when i saw the pic, i saw something connected to the legs, is that normal?

A: you well leaning down so it looks like you have some thing where the Knees etc should be.
B: You have Pirate Legs
C: your Going Blind

I couldn't care less about shadows and I'm saying this once and it should solve all your Questions.

ITS TORQUE GAME ENGINE AND IT SUCKS WITH DETAIL
TGEA Is what you want if you want high GFX stuff.

I'm not leaning that much.  The 'something where the knees should be', is my thumbs.  Lol, noob.  No, I'm not weaing pirate legs, and my vision is not flawed (as evidenced by the screenshot).  I guess I just feel that, for users with computers that can handle it, there should be a way to boost the quality there.

Did you try looking in the prefs and see if the shadow quality value was in there and changeable to something sharper?

Shadow quality is set to '0', anything higher is worse quality.  I've checked everything I know to check.

i have texture on low partacals on medium and shadows on high and it looks the same as yours.

shadows sux.

Badspot will probably have to do some engine mods to get "stencil" shadows in and usable while moving. That's not an easy task either, IIRC.

So I'm assuming you've accepted that everyone on the forums knows you are you? The first time I said your name to you here, you started whining to me over Xfire saying to edit it out (which I did) :/

So, did Badspot ban your TheModifier account after he found out it was you?