Author Topic: Scripting in game  (Read 3485 times)

ok.... sometimes i will be in someones server that is scripting.... then when they say there done they can do what ever they scripted(e.g. makeing the RL shoot a snowball and having it work without restarting the game.) can somebody please tell me how to do this.

exec("the script directory");
ie: exec("add-ons/testscript.cs");

Does not work, I tried it and you have to have BL restarted before it works.
But if your editing a pre-made .cs thats running on the server then I think you are able to reload it using exec.

But if your editing a pre-made .cs thats running on the server then I think you are able to reload it using exec.

Sorry, forgot to add that :P
I allways leave a test.cs blank and just mod that

Badspot

• Administrator

Have you tried it in retail or just v2?

Retail can see files if you add them while the game is running I think, if not you have to type this in the console:
Code: [Select]
setModPaths(getModPaths());
or something.

Exec does work in Retail I do it all the time now. But I am clueless to getting new items in game while its running.

I don't think its possible Packer, you'd have to make the clients go through the datablock loading precedure again.

Someone should make an in-game GUI that can open up the .cs files, have the ability to modify them, then hit "save" and it will update them.

(Yes i am now posting for yuki -_-)
Yuki says: Where do i install that to?

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 06:21:23 AM by Badspot »

rudyman were do you put  this file?

i really hate to be a pest but when i open up the script editor, i typed exec("Add-Ons/gun.cs");.....nothing happened, then i tryed just typing gun.cs........it said you have not specified a correct file path or something like that,..... so what exactly do i have to type to get the gun.cs, or any .cs file, open

(Yes i am now posting for yuki -_-)
Yuki says: Where do i install that to?

User was banned for this post
Wow, that was uncalled for.